Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things people ask or say to a pregnant woman

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:08 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

1. WHEN are you going to have that baby? (This is something I obviously can't even answer to myself, let alone you, but by all means go ahead and ask anyways)

2. Are you STILL pregnant?! (Um...yes...thank you...and glad your eyes are still working)

3. Exactly how many kids ARE you going to have? (Hadn't thought much of it during this pregnancy but I'll make sure to OK it with you next time)

4. Can I feel your belly? (That depends on how much you value the use of that particular hand)

5. You look exhausted. (Thanks a bunch, you look pretty awesome yourself)

What are some questions or conversation starters that have you chuckling during your pregnancy?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:13 PM
The ones so far (23w4d) definitely don't have me chuckling.

*Are you sure it's not twins?

*You are big for 4 months (when I was ending 5 months)

*You aren't eating enough (during lunch at work. But what they don't see is the snacks that I do have throughout the day)
Blue462
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Not showing much with this one yet but last pregnancy it was " you look like you're about ready to pop! "

meghs82285
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:22 PM
I've gotten "are you excited?" A lot. It's like they are waiting to base their reaction off my answer
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:47 PM
My MIL was asking me if it was twins up until 20 weeks when we had our ultrasound. I had to laugh at "you aren't eating enough" because I too snack all day so when mealtime comes I don't eat much.

Quoting a06z08mama: The ones so far (23w4d) definitely don't have me chuckling.

*Are you sure it's not twins?

*You are big for 4 months (when I was ending 5 months)

*You aren't eating enough (during lunch at work. But what they don't see is the snacks that I do have throughout the day)
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:49 PM
I've gotten that too. This is my 4th so I agree with you that they are waiting for my response.

Quoting meghs82285: I've gotten "are you excited?" A lot. It's like they are waiting to base their reaction off my answer
Niki722
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Ugh i hate the "you look exhausted" comments....yes i know bc i am exhausted!
meghs82285
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:55 PM
It's my 4th too!

Quoting sapphirelibra: I've gotten that too. This is my 4th so I agree with you that they are waiting for my response.

Quoting meghs82285: I've gotten "are you excited?" A lot. It's like they are waiting to base their reaction off my answer
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:01 PM
So......are you excited? LOL😄

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I am excited (:
Congratulations on #4! How far along are you? I'm in the end stretch @ 37 weeks.

Quoting meghs82285: It's my 4th too!

Quoting sapphirelibra: I've gotten that too. This is my 4th so I agree with you that they are waiting for my response.

meghs82285
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:02 PM
I'm SO excited! Hahah I'm only 9 weeks now, and the time is draaaaaging by! Congrats to you too! You're aaaaaalmost there!

Quoting sapphirelibra: So......are you excited? LOL😄

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I am excited (:
Congratulations on #4! How far along are you? I'm in the end stretch @ 37 weeks.

Quoting meghs82285: It's my 4th too!

prenatalRN
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:03 PM
You look bigger this time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)