Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 weeks pregnant and bad stomach pains before bowel movements.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
Have any of you laides experience really bad cramps in your stomach before going to the bathroom? This just happened and i was almost in tears and started to sweat. I went to the bathroom but it didn't come out very easily . Sorry tmi but i don't recall this with my 1st pregancy. Im not sure if it was gas or what but it felt almost like labor pains before i went. Have any of you ladies experience this before?
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Constipation is very common in pregnancy.  Increase the magnesium in your diet and take a good quality magnesium supplement (chelated) from a health food store 2-3 times a day.  The magnesium will help keep you regular naturally and help keep cramps and spasms away too.  Coconut water is a good source of magnesium and potassium and would be a good way to get both in your diet.  Magnesium and potassium help keep your blood pressure normal and potassium helps keep charley horses away.  

Ferngully549
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:58 PM
This happened to me a few days ago, I am almost 8 weeks. I was sweating also. I have been constipated and I guess walking around the grocery store got it moving finally. I have started eating more fruit to increase my fiber intake. It has helped.
FlaSunshine813
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Yea i still feel like i need to go but it hurts when i try and nothing happens. Im gonna up my fruit . Plus i feel super bloated too. I go to the Drs Wednesday so im gonna get his input too. This is just horrible :(
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Eat more produce and drink more water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCJan21
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:43 PM
I did at the beginning of this pregnancy. I told dh that if i didn't know any better is gave thought i was in labor. It was awful.
florallove92
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM

That is constipation. Make sure you are getting a lot of water. A big cup of prune juice can help as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)