Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta Encapsulation

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM
  • 24 Replies

Who's doing it? 

Who has done it? 

I know it's been talked about plenty of times before, but figured it was time for it again -- if there was a recent post about it, please feel free to bump that one.  I went back a few pages and didn't see one. 

I didn't with my first pregnancy-- didn't even know it was a thing back then (pretty sure it wasn't).  

I thought it was disgusting when I first heard about it. 

With my second pregnancy, I decided I wanted to do it.  I was terrified of having the same PPD that I had with my first.  We did pills.  

Yeah, they tasted nasty, but I never had a "bad" day after having the baby.  It was amazing.  

I'm going to do it again with this one.  

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bogdonmomma1
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:47 PM
I want to, but have no idea how to even get started. My husband is totally against it.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Our doula and birth educator referred us to our person.  

I'm also a member of a moms group on facebook (local area moms) who have discussed it and offered names.  

You can try asking your OB about it, or call a local childbirth educator (if you can't find anyone from googling).  

When it comes to your husband, this is one of those things I don't feel he has much of a say in (and I'm huge on a partner participating and having input on everything).  

Why is he against it?  Depending on how you do it, it really can just be taking pills.  Does he care when you take tylenol or other medicines?  

I'm very curious to see how it will go this time.  Things will be different at home (a toddler and a teen) so I'm curious to see if my response is different.  

If I feel as awesome this time as I did last time, I will swear by it.  Last time my approach was "well, what do I have to lose?  It can't hurt."  

Quoting Bogdonmomma1: I want to, but have no idea how to even get started. My husband is totally against it.

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Two babies equals two placentas which means twice the amount of pills so yeah! We're definitely having it done with these guys.

Avetay
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:38 PM
I did it with my 3rd anf was so glad I did
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:16 AM
No. If it came out of me, it sure as hell isn't going back in. I know other ways to keep myself stable and mentally healthy after baby comes.
tasha_salazar
by Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 2:36 AM
I want to do it really bad!! There's a lady in town that charges $250 for twins only down side is I was planning on using income tax, rather use "extra" money ya know? But we just sent them in last week & it will take 6 weeks to get back & I'm due any day to the next couple weeks :/
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 2:50 AM
I want to just don't feel like going through the drama to get my own damn placenta.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie619
by Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no scientific evidence to back any of this so I really don't see the point in spending that kind of money on it. Plus it grosses me out not gonna lie. 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I'm curious as to what those other ways are. 

I tried just about everything with my first and nothing helped.  The only thing I didn't do was take prescription meds -- and I should have. 

Quoting shadow_lark: No. If it came out of me, it sure as hell isn't going back in. I know other ways to keep myself stable and mentally healthy after baby comes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)