• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early labor question? Update!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

So my sil is 38 weeks tomorrow and she had loose stool yesterday and has been having cramps and pressure and contractions off and on but are like 25min apart. Well she is constantly just hurting so she went into the doctor and they told her she is in early labor and 1cm dilated. So my question is for those who had early labor like this how long before u went into active labor? This is her first and she is over 40.

by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zdtmok
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this
It can be minutes, hours, days, or weeks. There is no way of knowing when active labor will start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCJan21
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
It could be any time between now and past her due date. I was dilated to a 6 for over 2 weeks with almost consistent contractions 7-9 minutes apart, but never went into active labor until my water broke the day after my due date.
eChard
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
With my last, it was over a week
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Her due date is may 20th and she wants me there but I have to work at a flower shop this week an can't get off if she goes into labor so I'm hoping it will be after the 10th. Lol Thanks everyone. I have 2 kids but never experienced early labor so was just wondering.
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 12, 2015 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Well Cameron was born May. 7th by C-section. She was in labor for 51hours and wasnt dilating then she spiked a fever of 104. They are both doing fine. He is the most tiniest little baby. He is so cute!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)