Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you looking forward to Mother's Day this Sunday?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm already a  mom a few times over, but something about being pregnant during the Mother's Day holiday always gets me a little extra mushy feeling, lol, probably because when I was pregnant the first time, I was pregnant during Mother's Day and knew I'd be holding my baby in my arms the next time the holiday came around.

Are you looking forward to Mother's Day? If this is your first baby to be, will you be celebrated as a mom this year, or not until after the baby's born?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LovePhotoBug5
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM

This will be my first "real" Mother's Day. We have always celebrated in the past (I have an SD who is 13 - and treats me as her mom). But this will be my first as a mommy to be.

Rosapenbel
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I have a five year old dd and I'm pregnant with dd #2. I am a little excited but it is more because we will be getting stuff ready for baby. I have nothing else planned and I doubt we will do much else.

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Yes I am looking forward to spending time with my boys not sure what I will do with them but I want to do something nice 

tiffluv81
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM

yes but I am not a mom yet... But still will celebrate

mrsniebo
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:11 PM
I've got a 4.5 yr old and a 2 yr old in addition to being just short of 28 weeks pregnant on Mother's day, but I have low expectations for the day. DH did nothing for Valentines day and the kids are too young to do anything on their own.
Free-Bird
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM
I'm really mushy about being pregnant on Mother's Day this time too! I have two older sons and was pregnant on Mother's Day with them as well but they were both due at the end of October so I wasn't very far along or even showing with them and it didn't give me the same feeling as I does now since being in the 3rd trimester! I get my last ultrasound two days after Mother's Day and I'm so excited about that :)
Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM
This is my first Mothers day! ^_^ Had my son on April 11th.
Im very excited :) probably gonna cry a little ;) haha Such a special day.. When you dont have a kid, its just another holiday that you dont think much of.. Never realize how special till you have your own.
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I doubt anything special will be done or said.  This is my second Mother's Day without my angel who I lost at 9 wks into the pregnancy.  And now at 35 weeks when Mother's Day comes this yr very little has been said of our daughter or this pregnancy.

hell my own mother forgot it was Mother's Day Sunday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)