Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long before your Pregnancy Announcement?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm not even 5 weeks but my in laws are coming to town next week.  I haven't seen them in about 8 months, and I don't really see us visiting them more before the baby.  I really want to tell them but DH is very hesitant.  He wants to wait until we have a sonogram or something.  While I am totally understanding about not wanting to tell everyone until we are out of the first trimester, I really want his mom to be able to touch my belly at some point!  I know there's really nothing there now, but it's simbolic!  This may be the only grandchild she gets!!!!!

So how long did you wait before you started telling family?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM

With all 3 of my kids we told our parents at around 8wks after our first appointment
But with our first two we didn't announce it to anyone else until the anatomy scan (so about 20wks)
with this one we announced at 12wks

If you want to tell them...you guys should...it would be so nice to be able to see the looks on their faces and get hugs...instead of over the phone :)

I felt the same way your husband did before I had a loss. I didn't want to tell until it was "for sure"
but then I had an early loss at 6wks before we told anyone....an I so wish that my parents had known so I could have them there for support

Thats why we told so much earlier with this current one...either way I wanted them to know asap...

Mommyof2n0308
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:37 PM
I've always thought it was cheesy to announce right away. .I ended up doing it right away. We told all family the day we found out and announced it on fb at 5 weeks. I was just so super excited about it and wanted everyone else to share the excitement as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom2bATL
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:43 PM
We found out about a week ago and have already told most of our close family. It's so hard to keep it it! Lol. We will wait until 12 weeks to announce to the rest of our family and friends on fb though. Same thing we did with dd.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM

9-10 weeks with immediate family. Rest of the family not till after 12 weeks. The only ones that knew early were my four close friends. They have helped me through four miscarriages. My sister once knew right away with our second.

PortlandJane
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:12 PM

I'm sorry for your loss(es)!!!!

Quoting Raeann11:

9-10 weeks with immediate family. Rest of the family not till after 12 weeks. The only ones that knew early were my four close friends. They have helped me through four miscarriages. My sister once knew right away with our second.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Thank you!

Quoting PortlandJane:

I'm sorry for your loss(es)!!!!

Quoting Raeann11:

Armymom134
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:20 PM
We've always announced after it was confirmed by a doctor.
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM

My first I was about 5 wks but sadly lost at 9.  This time he told his sister at 4 wks when we learned I was pregnant and she told everyone in the family.  While I didn't say anything until 8 wks to my family or to fb announce.  Wanted a good ultrasound.

mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:45 PM
With our first 3 I think we waited a week after we found out. With this one, our parents, brothers and sisters, and a couple close friends know. We won't announce to everyone else until we have our gender reveal at the end of July.
3companytoo
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:13 PM

We told family early on at 8ish weeks. We waited until we knew the sex to announce to the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)