Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plan csection

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
OK I am 14 wks..when I talked to doc first visit she said we will have to do a plan csection since I have had two emergacy ....even though I had a vbac between the 2 ...I know she said be at 39 weeks unless I have problems or go in labor before ..I never did a plan csection..how does that work ..will I go in morning or night or afternoon...is my husband n mom both aloud back in room...about how far along before we pick the date...I wanna do a hystcomy if possible with the csection since don't want no more after this and since I am bleeding in uterus n on bedrest for now and dont know why...anyone have a plan csection how did I work and when did u pick a date
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM

My friend had a planned one today actually and it was just her husband allowed in the room while the do the procedure and she had a choice of two dates and they told her the time to come in ones ever she was settled and done she was allowed visitors just like any other delivery 

kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:29 PM

With my planned it was just my DH in the room, they try to limit because its major surgery and they don't want contamination and also just too many people

Mine was scheduled for the morning on a friday. I went in at 6am, they had me get into a gown and then I got to sit in a recliner while they got my iv in (wasn't hooked up just a precaution) they gave me a warming blanket and then had me drink this shot that made my heartburn disappear...it tasted awful but it really worked. I guess it makes it so you're less likely to throw up.
Then they took me back by myself to do the spinal while DH put on his scrubs.
I laid down, they put up that little curtain and within 4minutes my son was born.

My dh held him while they stitched me up and then we all went into a recovery room while he nursed...then they moved us to our room where we all stayed until I was discharged at 48hrs
the only issue I had with the c-section was I started shaking but apparently that is super common so it wasn't a big deal
My meds wore off after a few hours and I was able to start getting up

I was very happy with my planned c-section :)

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:20 PM
With my planned ones they made it for the morning. Only my husband was allowed back with me although with my second he decided to come early and my x couldn't be there because he had to be with our daughter for her surgery so my aunt was in the room with me
mommieof38829
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM
I am 32 weeks tomorrow and have picked the day of June 18 I will be 38 weeks. It is only husband allowed in the room. I have to be there at 6 that morning and will do the section at 8,
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Well, first, if the C section isn't what you want, shop around for a different care provider. 

Now, if you're completely fine with the plan, you need to ask questions -- and possibly still shop around for care providers.  

They will all say that it's "hospital policy" to only allow one person in, however, there are quite a few hospitals that are flexible according to the doctor.  

My first OB told me it was "hospital policy" to limit how many people were in the delivery room (a lie) and only one person in the C-section room (another lie) -- a doula recently shared that she was allowed to be in there the entire time with the husband.  

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 2:15 PM
The date is picked sometime between 30-35 weeks depending on the office. They will set a time of surgery and when to arrive. And give you instructions.

Most cases you can have visitors prior to surgery but only one allowed during delivery.

Now your time may change due to others if an emergency comes up, delay ect.

Eat a nice "last meal" bc you can't eat for so many hours before hand or after.

Talk about the hysterectomy bc in most cases you have to have approval from the insurance prior to it happening unless it's an emergency
Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 6:43 PM
I just planned mind today. I am due July 21st and will have baby July 15th at 7:30 am
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)