Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

29 weeks pregnant and sharp pains in vagina ??

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have been getting the past week or so these sudden sharp, stabbing cramp like pains in my vagina,it seems like some muscle spasm type thing, and it is super random and usually I feel it when like bending over or when trying to sit down.it feels like a knife is getting shoved up their. I have had this a couple times before being pregnant but I have been getting them a lot more the past couple days.I have been on progresterone 200mg as a vaginal suppository since Saturday due to the doctor finding that I have shortening of my cervix by 10mm.
Anyone else have these sharp pains?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
smorgan865
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah, with both of my boys it felt like they were trying to claw their way out. It would sometimes stop me in my tracks or take my breath away.
abharper
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:37 AM
Is normal. It's your muscles stretching, hips separating and body growth. Sorry it bothers you.
3companytoo
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:40 AM

I'm grateful that I haven't had them yet with this pregnancy but I've certainly had them before.  It felt like ds was using a pickaxe to get out. 

Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:30 AM
I had gotten that too with my son, i figured it was because he was sitting so low for a long time. But yeah, its just a muscle spasm or something of the like.
Hope it gets better for you! GL!
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:14 AM
They call that "lightning crotch" and it's normal later in pregnancy. Not fun though.
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:59 AM
It's probably the baby tapping on the cervix.
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Yep, very normal. It's called lightning crotch and it hurts like crazy but is harmless. The joys of pregnancy. :)

catiejs
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 1:46 PM

It's the effacement of your cervix. If you're 29 weeks I'd be concerned. I've never experienced it before 34 weeks.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Some women are sensitive and can feel changes in the cervix, or it could just be lightening crotch!

Read our weekly pregnancy journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | BIRTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)