Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can they give me?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I recently found out I'm pregnant with baby #5. I'm only about 6 weeks but already have really bad morning sickness. I actually feel fine in the morning, but as the day goes on I feel so nauseous and weak/shaky/dizzy. I try to eat as much as I can because I feel hungry but all food makes me gag. Last night I woke up feeling really sick/shaky and like I was going to pass out. I was able to eat a little and drink a little and felt better finally but it was really scary. I'm starting to feel that way again right now. I had my first prenatal appt Tues and the dr asked if I wanted anything for ms. I said no at the time but now I think I need something because I can't function like this and take care of my 4 kids while DH is at work.  What can they give me though for ms?

by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Armymom134
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:19 PM
I took reglan because mine was so bad but they offered me zophran also which I don't react well to.
JB1213
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM
Zophran is said to have nasty birth defects now. Not sure though.
LBJK2
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Can't help you. I just want you to know you are not alone. I feel like crap 24/7. I go on Monday to see my doc. I have used the motion sickness bands, they help ease it. Also, 25mg vitamin b6 every 8 hours. They don't take it away, but at least I can function at work. I cannot wait until this passes!
teri4lance
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:48 PM

plenty. also if you get dehydrated they can give you an iv for fluids. call your doc back.

rachel216
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:53 PM
They gave phenagrin(no idea if i spelled that right) they usually give!it to cancer patients going threw chemo. Its an anti nausea pill it was awesome! Also ginger could help!
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 6:39 AM
I take zofran. Only thing that helps. I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday so hopefully only a few more weeks of this sickness business
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 6:43 AM
I never got sick with either of my kids so i'm no help here's a bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)