Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I am being selfish....

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I am 7 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and I am dreading telling my two cousins I am pregnant because every time I get pregnant then several months later they are pregnant. With my first I got pregnant in May 2011 and told my cousin I was so excited then 4 weeks later she was pregnant with her third, then my other cousin got pregnant 4 months later. When I got pregnant with baby #2 again my cousin announced 12 weeks later she was pregnant with her fourth and then my other cousin announced her pregnancy 4 weeks later with her second. Now we all had girls I have two DD, my cousin has one boy and three girls, and my other cousin has two girls. I know if this one is a boy then they both will be trying. Just once I want to be the only one pregnant by myself I have never had that. If my cousins become pregnant after hearing about me I will be happy for them but I want my own time in the spot light ok vent over.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Well you can't really stop them from getting pregnant so just enjoy your blessing that's all you can do, I'm sure there are women who wish they where pregnant right now let alone sharing it with a relative , so don't sweat the small stuff. Congrats.
supergirl82
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 1:29 AM
5 moms liked this
Yes, you're being selfish. You do not have a monopoly on pregnancy, and it's ridiculous to feel personally attacked by other women having babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suomynona_amam
by on May. 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM
So don't tell them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 1:55 AM
idk, if it makes you feel uncomfortable just don't tell them. And if they ask why later just say that I wanted to surprise you guys. lol
lost2013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 2:15 AM
It is not other women they are my close cousins. I don't care if my neighbor was pregnant just their mom always competes with my mom like my brother got engage and my aunt said I hope my daughter gets engaged soon and married before Frank (my brother), then I was engaged for 2 years then my cousin gets engaged and married three months before me, so for some reason with them it is always a competition.

Quoting supergirl82: Yes, you're being selfish. You do not have a monopoly on pregnancy, and it's ridiculous to feel personally attacked by other women having babies.
supergirl82
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 2:28 AM
3 moms liked this
How old are you? I'm guessing teens?

When you and your family members are in similar places in your lives, then you are going to have similar events happen together. That's just how it works. It sounds like you're the one making life and happy events into a competition.

Quoting lost2013: It is not other women they are my close cousins. I don't care if my neighbor was pregnant just their mom always competes with my mom like my brother got engage and my aunt said I hope my daughter gets engaged soon and married before Frank (my brother), then I was engaged for 2 years then my cousin gets engaged and married three months before me, so for some reason with them it is always a competition.

Quoting supergirl82: Yes, you're being selfish. You do not have a monopoly on pregnancy, and it's ridiculous to feel personally attacked by other women having babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sleepymom114
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 7:04 AM

With the exception of people I see every day and will notice the pregnancy I tell nobody till after 20 weeks when I know the gender. You could do that. 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to stop with the competing feeling.  

My husband's sisters do that crap -- just not with pregnancy.  

I'm at the point I refuse to participate in all that nonsense.  We try to remove ourselves from it as much as  possible.  

lost2013
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Apparently I am not a teen if I am married with two kids I have graduated from high school and have two college degrees.

Quoting supergirl82: How old are you? I'm guessing teens?

When you and your family members are in similar places in your lives, then you are going to have similar events happen together. That's just how it works. It sounds like you're the one making life and happy events into a competition.

Quoting lost2013: It is not other women they are my close cousins. I don't care if my neighbor was pregnant just their mom always competes with my mom like my brother got engage and my aunt said I hope my daughter gets engaged soon and married before Frank (my brother), then I was engaged for 2 years then my cousin gets engaged and married three months before me, so for some reason with them it is always a competition.

Savanna86
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Competition is brutal don't get sucked up in it and enjoy your PREGNANCY!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)