Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food question.

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so I really wanted potato salad so I bought some from the store but read I should not eat potato salad I am sure everything is pasteurized being from the store. So does anyone know it is safe to ea store bought potato salad and also is it safe to consume Hellman's mayonnaise? I am 8 weeks and 2 days.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sleepymom114
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:05 AM
I just had mayo last night and have been eating potato salad for the last 32 weeks with no issues.
suomynona_amam
by on May. 17, 2015 at 7:48 AM
Mayo is fine.
With things like potato salad and deli meat the risk is bacteria from poor food storage conditions. It would be safer to make your own, but I would consider it safe if you trust the place you're buying it from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymom134
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Yes, potato salad is safe to eat during pregnancy.

greenhazel96
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Mayo is fine, I eat it all the time and helmans too with both of my pregnancy's and Potatoe salad should be fine.I just never heard anything against eating Potatoe salad, deli mmeets I have heard but not about potato salad however I ate lunch meat during my pregnancy and I'm pretty sure other wemon do to. You have to remember that all these things you hear about pregnancy and what to avoid are from doctors being super pressed, i'm pretty sure it is rare to get sick off of deli meats, I have never heard of anyone I know of it and a pregnant woman are not anymore at risk for Theese sickness as any normal person so take a look around and look at studies and see just how many people get sick from these so called pregnancy foods to ban and make your judgment from their. Their is just such a slight risk with certain things and they tell you to cut it out completely. You have more risks with taking certain medications they say are safe during pregnancy than you do with some of these high risk foods. Do your research so you can know the truth. I have even eaten sushi (raw salmon but from s good high quality resteraunt ) and smoked salmon with this pregnancy many times and my baby is extremely healthy!!! Some things though I wouldn't risk like eating undercooked eggs or meat or chicken. But sushi is different especially salmon sushi (you need to watch your mercury levels and what fish you are eating ) . It is very very rare to get sick of of raw salmon uless it is a tropical fish or shell fish from what I reaserched. Their is a somewhat high risk getting sick off of under cooked meats and eggs and if a Normal person gets sick from them it's not as bad but when yiu are pregnant the sickness from raw meat actually passes to the baby! Do your research about wine and everything. Know the truth girl!
PinkGlitterBomb
by Ro on May. 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Yes, those are fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)