Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before I met him, and got pregnant.

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
Before I met him I had already checked of an entire list of things that I wanted to achieve. I've been to school for my career, and I have been working in it as per three years to date.

I have decided to go back to school to change it (I am a nurse currently, but I want to do something more. The course is a year long.)

In the midst of deciding to switch to something else I've reunited with an old high school friend.

I truly adore this man. We've agreed to spend the rest of our lives together with one another. we've started attending church together, God is included even in our mistakes. Yada yada yada (lol :) )

We don't want to rush things so we are pacing ourselves, letting things fall into place as need be.

Yet, Now I am pregnant. Lol

Needing a few opinions from fellow wise moms.

I am only 4weeks in, and I start school in August. (Should I continue on or hold off?)

Also I have been helping my mother with her bills and have been rooming with her for about a two years as to do so, but she is much better off with them by herself now. I'd still be paying one bill for her. (Which I don't have a problem with)

We've talked about kids, marriage, moving in together. Nothing is obligated. Its already been spoken into existence.

I am 24, I have known him for 7years. We have currently been dating 3months.

He's is already working in his career, and has to take one class to earn the better part of his license/degree. The class is barely a week long its the test portion of it.

We both make a enough to be very comfortable.

I guess I'm looking at the moral of it all.

Opinions???
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortlandJane
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

My opinion is a question: Why do you need us to judge?  

It sounds like you have an awesome life and a great, even if new, relationship!  I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and I'm having baby brain so the idea of going to school would probably make me cry, but I hate school so I'm already looking for reasons to get out!  I have quite a few friends who got married because they got pregnant right away and most of them are very happy.  I've also had friends who kept it slow; made the father take on every role in regards to birth classes and doctor's appointments but they did not get married or move in before they were ready.   I also had quite a few friends who said no it's too early and got abortions, some think it was the best thing for their situation.  Anyone who says you should only do it one way is judging.  Do what makes YOU happy.  

SweetiePieTee-
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Lol, I guess I'm trying to choose the "correct route" but I suppose it isn't really one just as long as the baby is happy and healthy, along with other things.

Thanks for the tip:)

Quoting PortlandJane:

It sounds like you have an awesome life and a great, even if new, relationship!  I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and I'm having baby brain so the idea of going to school would probably make me cry, but I hate school so I'm already looking for reasons to get out!  I have quite a few friends who got married because they got pregnant right away and most of them are very happy.  I've also had friends who kept it slow; made the father take on every role in regards to birth classes and doctor's appointments but they did not get married or move in before they were ready.   I also had quite a few friends who said no it's too early and got abortions, some think it was the best thing for their situation.  Anyone who says you should only do it one way is judging.  Do what makes YOU happy.  

PortlandJane
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2015 at 1:25 AM

The correct route can only be decided by you (and daddy if he is deamed worthy LOL). You sound like you are looking at things in a healthy manner.  Trust yourself.

Quoting SweetiePieTee-: Lol, I guess I'm trying to choose the "correct route" but I suppose it isn't really one just as long as the baby is happy and healthy, along with other things. Thanks for the tip:)
Quoting PortlandJane:

SweetiePieTee-
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 3:17 AM
Lol, he's definitely earned his place in both departments. I appreciate your response:) thank you a lot:)
sweetgrlangel
by on May. 18, 2015 at 3:26 AM
I think you need to speak with him about this. I would hate for you to make a choice that you or even he might regret/resent later down the road. You need to sit down together and talk about it as a couple.
SweetiePieTee-
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 4:23 AM
We have been on the same page with a lot of things so far, and have even further looked at different places to live. Its a bit out of my element as I have never done this before, but yes we will definitely sit down, and have a talk. :)

Quoting sweetgrlangel: I think you need to speak with him about this. I would hate for you to make a choice that you or even he might regret/resent later down the road. You need to sit down together and talk about it as a couple.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I'm going through school and pregnant right now (6 weeks). I'll be finishing in December, about a month before the baby is due. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty stressful. But it is managable. If you can take some time off for the baby (maybe skip for a semester and start up if they let you do that) I'd say go for it. I'd want a little time off with the baby, but I have two friends who gave birth during school and were back within a few weeks without taking time off. Actually, one nurse I work with had her daughter on a Saturday and was back in classes (accelerated nursing program) the following Monday. So really it comes down to what you can handle. But if you're already a nurse you can probably handle a lot ;)

Armymom134
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Are you adding onto your nursing degree?
SweetiePieTee-
by Member on May. 19, 2015 at 2:11 AM
Hmm

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

I'm going through school and pregnant right now (6 weeks). I'll be finishing in December, about a month before the baby is due. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty stressful. But it is managable. If you can take some time off for the baby (maybe skip for a semester and start up if they let you do that) I'd say go for it. I'd want a little time off with the baby, but I have two friends who gave birth during school and were back within a few weeks without taking time off. Actually, one nurse I work with had her daughter on a Saturday and was back in classes (accelerated nursing program) the following Monday. So really it comes down to what you can handle. But if you're already a nurse you can probably handle a lot ;)

SweetiePieTee-
by Member on May. 19, 2015 at 2:13 AM
No. I am going into surgical technologically. Something a bit different. I've taken most of what I need to know though.

Quoting Armymom134: Are you adding onto your nursing degree?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)