• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

31 weeks pregnant, feeling fat!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
I was so fit an thin pre pregnancy but as soon as I got pregnant I was not able to keep up with my toning excersize due to extreme fatigue and joint pain and as the pregnancy progressed, the less I could do With things even like cardio and walking. And now I am on modified bed rest. So I am laying around most of the day because I have a irritable uterus that likes to contract. And I notice my legs when sitting and they just look so much bigger and it looks like I have put on a layer on my back, hips and bum too. I just feel so flabby amd jiggly and I dont even get it because I only gained 6 pounds. I don't have any water retention because I don't have any swellinG and when they weighed me at the office on Friday they said I lost weight 3 pounds (idk how I eat very well and am on modified bed rest) and my thighs look even bigger!

I am worried to see what I am going to look like at the end of my pregnancy since I am already on modified bed rest and only 31 weeks pregnant.

What could be causing me to look bigger then what I am weighing?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:54 PM
I would say it's fluid retention, but you say it's not, so in that case, I really think it might be more psychological than anything. You KNOW that you're just laying around, which makes you feel unhealthy, which makes you focus on negatives and perceive yourself as flabby. But remember! You aren't being unhealthy. Right now, being healthy means doing exactly what you're doing. And if you want to feel sexy, consider the fact that you are currently in the most feminine state possible! A guy certainly can't get pregnant! Besides, I gained 20 lbs through my pregnancy, and within a year after giving birth, I'd lost 25 lbs without even trying. You aren't flabby and lazy -- you're a beautiful woman caring for a precious baby :)
PortlandJane
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Are you getting enough magnesium, potassium and calcium?  It's incredibly easy for us to get too much sodium and retain fluids.  

Try compression stockings?

greenhazel96
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Quoting mcmlxxxv: I would say it's fluid retention, but you say it's not, so in that case, I really think it might be more psychological than anything. You KNOW that you're just laying around, which makes you feel unhealthy, which makes you focus on negatives and perceive yourself as flabby. But remember! You aren't being unhealthy. Right now, being healthy means doing exactly what you're doing. And if you want to feel sexy, consider the fact that you are currently in the most feminine state possible! A guy certainly can't get pregnant! Besides, I gained 20 lbs through my pregnancy, and within a year after giving birth, I'd lost 25 lbs without even trying. You aren't flabby and lazy -- you're a beautiful woman caring for a precious baby :)

Thank you so much for your comment, iy helps a lot!
RIPCORD
by on May. 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My aunt was on bed rest her whole pregnancy. I remember not seeing her for a while because she couldn't go to any functions and at the end around 37 weeks they let her start getting up to try and start labor. When I saw her I didn't even recognize her. She was so swollen. It didn't take long for her to bounce right back though. She looked like her old self within a couple months. I know its hard seeing your body and not recognizing it, but for the most part it will slowly go back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)