Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Symptoms: How soon and what were they?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:32 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello, 

I'm really just super curious as to when you pregnant ladies first felt symptoms and what were they. I always hear stories of ladies who just "felt off" the day after conception, but then I hear some ladies had absolutely no clue until they missed their period. And everyone knows about the typical early pregnancy syptoms but i know every single lady is different. I really just want to read some responses and how soon you knew and what made you feel like you just knew. And what symptoms you have, if any, and when they started. I love reading all the different experiences!

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM

I started getting a metallic taste in my mouth that was relentless at 4 dpo. Started getting crampy and emotional a few days later. At 10 dpo I nearly lost my mind in traffic (happened with my son too) so I decided to take a test when I got home and it was positive! 

Sew-Much-Love
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Oh wow thats definately a unique experience. What's with the metallic taste? Do you know why you got that? I remember with my second baby (shes 2 now) I just KNEW something was off with my body and went and tested and it was positive. I don't know how far along I was though. And with my first i was 19 and didn't know my body yet. Now I'm ttc #3 and since I'm actually trying and charting days and stuff i've learned a lot about my cycle and stuff i never knew. So I'm hoping for a BFP in a couple weeks. How far along are you now? Is this your first? If not is this pregnancy a lot different than your previous ones or similar?

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

I started getting a metallic taste in my mouth that was relentless at 4 dpo. Started getting crampy and emotional a few days later. At 10 dpo I nearly lost my mind in traffic (happened with my son too) so I decided to take a test when I got home and it was positive! 

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I don't know exactly why the metallic taste happens but apparently it's pretty common. This is my second pregnancy and it didn't really happen with my son. I'm 8 weeks 2 days now. So far this pregnancy has been more difficult but not too bad. Super exhausted and on-and-off nausea, but no vomiting (knock on wood). I was significantly less exhausted with my son, but I also didn't have a toddler to chase around! My boobs are also huge and much more sore than they were with him. I'm showing a lot sooner. At 8 weeks I look about as pregnant as I did at 14 weeks with him. Granted it's only a little bitty bump right now but other people (who know I'm pregnant) have said they can clearly see it.

Quoting Sew-Much-Love:

Oh wow thats definately a unique experience. What's with the metallic taste? Do you know why you got that? I remember with my second baby (shes 2 now) I just KNEW something was off with my body and went and tested and it was positive. I don't know how far along I was though. And with my first i was 19 and didn't know my body yet. Now I'm ttc #3 and since I'm actually trying and charting days and stuff i've learned a lot about my cycle and stuff i never knew. So I'm hoping for a BFP in a couple weeks. How far along are you now? Is this your first? If not is this pregnancy a lot different than your previous ones or similar?

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem:

clz0213
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:37 AM
I don't remember with my first. I remember thinking I felt funny then couldn't remember when I last had a period. With this baby I first noticed I was starving all the time. Like stomach growling I have to eat or die starving which is not like me. I felt off. I was about 4 days before my scheduled period. When I didn't get it and I stayed getting nauseous I took a test. It was positive. So I guess my symptoms started around 4 weeks
Ferngully549
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM
I didnt get any real symptom until after my positive, we were ttc so I just timed my testing. I had seen that implantation can take between 6-10 days so I didn't even look for anything before then. At around the 13 day mark my cheeks looked a little flushed and I felt hungry even shortly after eating. That's about the time I tested and got positive, a day before period was due.
Sew-Much-Love
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM

That's where I'm at now. I am supposed to ovulate some time this week if i haven't yet. and I won't be testing until the 18th when im supposed to get my period. I don't want to give myself false symptoms!

Quoting Ferngully549: I didnt get any real symptom until after my positive, we were ttc so I just timed my testing. I had seen that implantation can take between 6-10 days so I didn't even look for anything before then. At around the 13 day mark my cheeks looked a little flushed and I felt hungry even shortly after eating. That's about the time I tested and got positive, a day before period was due.

LoveMyKids81
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:06 PM
I tested after I was already 4 days late. My cycles are weird, they went from 26-28 days to 32-33. The reason I tested though is because my nipples were killing me!! My breasts didn't hurt just my nipples.
Ferngully549
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM

It's better not to! You don't get the hormone changes until after implantation so before then, nothing is a "real" symptom anyway. I was driving myself crazy, thinking I had all these crazy new things at 3-4 dpo. I'm sure it's "possible" but not very likely. During the tww is when I kept busiest and kept my mind off of it the most, and time passed each month...finally I got my month and am due in November! It's hard not to psych yourself out, been there done that!

Quoting Sew-Much-Love:

That's where I'm at now. I am supposed to ovulate some time this week if i haven't yet. and I won't be testing until the 18th when im supposed to get my period. I don't want to give myself false symptoms!

Quoting Ferngully549: I didnt get any real symptom until after my positive, we were ttc so I just timed my testing. I had seen that implantation can take between 6-10 days so I didn't even look for anything before then. At around the 13 day mark my cheeks looked a little flushed and I felt hungry even shortly after eating. That's about the time I tested and got positive, a day before period was due.

EmmaLG96
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM
I didn't know until later on. I had nausea, and I was exhausted. I slept through my morning classes one day. That's when my mom told me she thought I was pregnant. I took a test, and sure enough she was right. I was on the pill and not trying to get pregnant.
Sew-Much-Love
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I know a lot of people who say their children or family members knews they were pregnant before they did. haha I have 5 (3step 2birth) maybe one of them might tell me before a test can!

Quoting EmmaLG96: I didn't know until later on. I had nausea, and I was exhausted. I slept through my morning classes one day. That's when my mom told me she thought I was pregnant. I took a test, and sure enough she was right. I was on the pill and not trying to get pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)