Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's Breech :(

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
36 weeks yesterday , first vaginal exam. We are breech :( I knew it already , but didn't want it to be true. We are also at least 3 cm and the cervix is very soft and sitting at the pubic bone. This is my 3rd baby... First time having this problem . . . Dr. Wants to try to move him next week or schedule for c-section . . . I'm just kind of lost and stressed .
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OTZMom
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:13 AM
3 moms liked this
My 3rd and 4th babies were both breech at 36 weeks. Both ended in vaginal delivery. There is still time for them to turn! Spinningbabies.com has great ideas. I spent a lot of time crawling around the house on all fours, sitting with an ice pack on my belly where his head was placed and lying on a board leaned up against the couch with my head at the bottom. Check out the spinning babies website! Good luck!
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You still have time :) no worries! And I second checking out spinningbabies.com!
eChard
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM
My third was breech. She never turned but I was able to deliver her naturally due to her being a frank breech. Some babies turn righ before delivery. Another thing, I was told by dr that breech babies don't get too big since they don't have much room due to the awkward positioning. Good luck.
babycrittermom
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Spinning babies website worked for me and I was 39 weeks when she dicided to turn all the way around, I followed all the steps and finally she turned just a few days before my induction date and baby girl was 10lbs 4 ozs. It can be done, good luck!
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

My daughter was breech from 28 weeks up until I delivered her. The dr. asked about doing the version but I had heard to many bad experiences with that and my cousin had one done and it bruised her really bad and he ended up going back breech and she had to have a C-section. I went to a chiroprator and had the webster technique done. I was scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks. Well I went in to have it done and she flipped so they sent me home and I went into labor naturally the next day, So still have hope that he will turn. Def. try out Spinningbabies.com I did a few of those tricks as well. Good Luck!

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Babies can flip at any time. However, you can still deliver a breech baby vaginally. My son was born at 38 weeks and he was breech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hateaway
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was breech and the doctor couldn't flip her. :( but the c section went good. It was nice to know when she was going to be here
1belle1
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:38 PM
That's good :) Thanks for the info. I started trying these things last night . I also had terrible nightmares last night ...:/ I woke up more upset today than I was yesterday .

Quoting OTZMom: My 3rd and 4th babies were both breech at 36 weeks. Both ended in vaginal delivery. There is still time for them to turn! Spinningbabies.com has great ideas. I spent a lot of time crawling around the house on all fours, sitting with an ice pack on my belly where his head was placed and lying on a board leaned up against the couch with my head at the bottom. Check out the spinning babies website! Good luck!
Gurtcher
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM

They've still got time to turn, have you tried acupuncture? It's meant to be v effective.  At least you know and can plan, my second was undiagnosed breech and I didn't go into hospital until I was fully dilated, because my labour was so painless and quick, it was at that point they realised he was feet first and too dangerous for c section, I delivered him feet first and he was a vbac and everything turned out ok.  Try not too worry, c sections aren't the end of the world, as long as the baby ends up safely in our arms

JAIRATRACI
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM
The baby can turn before delivery. You can also deliver a baby breech. My aunt delivered her second child breech after he turned back after they turned him the right way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)