Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decreased movement? UPATE

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

Wanted to update: Movement has been about the same, but I do feel movement! Midwife believes its because of my placenta she isn't worried, so neither am I. Everything looked good today! Baby's HR was 142bpm. Head down. Only 5 wks before we set up the birthing pool. I can't wait!!! Thanks for all the replies!

I am in my 29 1/2 wks preggo with #5. This is the first baby I have ever had a decrease in movement with. For the past few days baby has been pretty quite. I feel small movements occasionally. But for the past 10 wks baby has been very active, all day. And quite only at night. Now I rarely feel movement and if I do its small. Anyone else had this happen? I know that closer to deliver babies can become quite, squished, etc but I have never had the movements change with my kiddos. And haven't heard of it being as common this early. So I am curious? Thanks

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RIPCORD
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had periods where the babies weren't moving as much for a few days. All of a sudden they're moving constantly. So their movement has definitely been changing for me.
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM
It's worth Getty f checked out. Could be a number of things. Most common issue is low fluid and nuchal cord or body cord. Not always. But go with your gut on this one. Momma always knows best. Good luck!
3companytoo
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:20 PM

I'm 31 weeks and have noticed a slight decrease in movement. Baby is still very responsive though so I'm not worried. I just assumed it was a matter of less space. I have an ob appointment in the morning and will mention it just to double check.

SkellyBird
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Mine was moving less the last couple days and freaking me out. She was still passing her kick count tests but I can't help but worry. Today she was moving a lot. I was reading that the loss of room toward the end meaning decreased movement was a myth but I didn't read much further into it. Anytime I was close to going in to get checked she would start moving so I never went in. She's giving me heart attacks already lol
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 5:58 AM
My baby is very active at 29 weeks. I just had an ob appointment and everything was fine.

I hope everything goes well for you.
Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM
I would do kick counts. If baby doesn't pass that go get checked out. I am 33 weeks and my baby is still really active
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Go get checked you know your body and you have had plenty of babies to know what feels right. I have only ever had that happened in weeks 38-40
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM

I've had this happen in two pregnancies at the end of the second trimester or beginning of the third.  Nothing was ever wrong - it was just a change in their regular movement patterns.  I could always stimulate movement if I tried.

Read our weekly pregnancy journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | BIRTH

.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM
I had/have a decrease in movement, I was at L&D for hours yesterday. Come to find out my potassium and blood sugar was low. I had to add in several ounces of juice every few hours and eat bananas. Seems to have done the trick.
kahlansmommy
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Please please please go in to doctor or hospital. Some people may think I may be paranoid but I had Aaron baby die inutero. Also, drink a big glass of orange juice, lay on your left side just you and baby. You should feel flutters or kicks. I did that AND went to the doctor with my rainbow
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)