Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question about induction?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:59 PM
  • 28 Replies
I am 38w4days I have heard my Dr will induce me at 39weeks, anyone heard of/done this & what do you think about it?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SnowWhieQueen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:14 PM
I've been induced when I was 2 weeks over due,..and I've had pitocin when my labor has stoped...neither were much fun.,,contractions where much stronger. ...I don't like it personally....I'd only do it if it was necessary. ,.good luck!!
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM
I was induced with all 3 kids. My first two I was induced at 39 weeks, third at 40 weeks 3 days. I would have them try breaking your water before pitocin. They did pitocin first this last time and it was by far my worst labor.
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:28 PM
I was induced with both of my kids due to low fluid. The doctor used pitocin with the first and the back labor was so bad that I think I started hallucinating. Despite having back labor with my second, it wasn't nearly as bad (probably because pitocin wasn't used).

I personally wouldn't volunteer for an induction, since it does increase the risk of c-section, but to each their own. Good luck!
3companytoo
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Why will your Dr induce you?

SkellyBird
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:32 PM
I think 39 weeks is the earliest they will induce without having an emergency like pre-e, or something else where mom and baby are at risk if the pregnancy is continued.

MommySwiggles
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:37 PM
I would not agree to an induction without a medical necessity. Induction raises your risk of c-section by 40%. Plus it limits you a lot more to the bed. I prefer to be able to get up and move as I please and do as I please with my body. As long as you and baby are doing well, there is no reason for it other than convenience. And if your doctor tells you that your baby is measuring big on an ultrasound, take it with a grain of salt. They can be wrong by 2 pounds in either direction. Read up on inductions, educate yourself and have confidence that your body knows what to do and knows when your baby is ready to be born.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Yeah that's the earliest they will induce with no medical reason I was going to be induced with my 2nd & 3rd at 39wks but I went into labor before.
Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:07 AM
I've had two inductions and would not choose that again. Pitocin sucks, if you want help getting things started ask them to sweep your membranes and do lots of walking. I plan to take evening primrose oil with this baby because I can't be induced.
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:31 AM
Why would you be induced? Is there a medical reason for you to think about induction?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:04 AM
I was induced with pitocin and they broke my water. I went in at 39 weeks 2 days. I was dilated to 4 and that's when they broke my water and put me on pitocin.

The contractions weren't that bad for me yes some hurt but it wasn't that bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)