Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

extreme itchy all over

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
I am 18wks.. i have been itchy in other pregnancies but not loke this.. seems like getting worse..its all over.. first the legs, then arms, and now armpits.and boobs.. i have an ultrasound thursday for galbladder caise of pains i been having.. is the itchy from both or pregnancy or galbladder.. keepa me up at night at times and seems like nothing will relief it
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Armymom134
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM
I have never been itchy with any of my pregnancies till this one. It's usually at night that it is the worst and it starts with my legs then arms and belly, it is annoying. I've been told to take benadryl but it does not work. I have tried lotions of different kinds and sometimes they help sometimes they make me itch more. I usually give in to scratching and then pay for it the next day. When you figure out a solution let me know.
3companytoo
by on Jun. 3, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Have you tried coconut oil? There actually is a medical condition related to pregnancy that has chronic itching. I can't think of the name but a quick Google search should turn up something. I hope you find relief soon.

Luv4fam81
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Perhaps it could it be from an allergic reaction to your prenatals (or anything you are ingesting)... I had a reaction to antibiotics many years ago that was similar. Have you tried Cortisone cream? Hope you get some relief soon!
findingmyself14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 10:13 AM
The itching could be from your liver to. You might want to talk to your dr about it.
menk08
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM
PlAn on calling doc today
Ferngully549
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM

something like PUPPPs I think. I had it toward the end of my pregnancy, I was scratching so much and it kept climbing up my body, it was awful

OP definitely ask your OB about it. I can't think of the exact name either but that acronym up there is something close. It's miserable.

Quoting 3companytoo:

Have you tried coconut oil? There actually is a medical condition related to pregnancy that has chronic itching. I can't think of the name but a quick Google search should turn up something. I hope you find relief soon.

PromisedOne
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:14 PM

i had this bad with my first one. it was PUPPS (i cant remember what it stands for). it's itchy bumps that form in your stretch marks, they spread regardless of if you scratch or not, and they are miserable. they are most common in first pregnancies, and beyond that most common when pregnant with boys. only like 1% of women get it, and i was one of them. :( the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby. hope this isn't it for you. but maybe ask you doctor?

menk08
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 12:21 PM
Called doc , she said try bendaryl lotion n the tablets at night.. she will do blood test next visit
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:57 PM

PUPPS and cholestasis are the pregnancy conditions.  One is serious the other isn't, so definitely get checked out.  For some reason it seems to be more common if you're having a boy, though it's not impossible to get if you're having a girl.

Read our weekly pregnancy journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | BIRTH

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I had PUPPS with my second pregnancy and was miserable. You might find some relief with lotions or baths that contain colloidal oatmeal (commonly found in Aveeno products), aloe vera gel (like you'd use to treat sunburns), or even ice packs. I've been advised against using corticosteroids during pregnancy, so you may want to talk with your doctor before going that route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)