Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor Alone

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you preferto labor alone or do you want someone with you at all times?  Some of my friends want to be left alone during early labor, and some want to be rubbed/loved on and talked to constantly.  In some countries, women have their babies completely by themselves.  What are your views?

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:39 PM
I think I hate being talked to and such during early labor, but I don't care if someone's there as long as I can pretend they're not. My fourth labor and delivery was attended by all three of my older children.
During active labor, I want DH and I don't care about anything else.
eChard
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!!

Quoting HunnyBabie: I think I hate being talked to and such during early labor, but I don't care if someone's there as long as I can pretend they're not. My fourth labor and delivery was attended by all three of my older children.
During active labor, I want DH and I don't care about anything else.
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:43 PM
I liked having someone there for me with my first and I'm gonna like having someone there with this one as well.

It makes it easier I think.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I like having my doula and DH there.  

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM

I'm no tone that likes a lot of talking. I like it quite. When I pushing. I do love to hear my hubby telling me what a great job I'm doing. I love to be touched or hold someones hand.

CharmedP
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:29 PM
My labors and what I've wanted has always been different, but I've always wanted my husband with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2callmemom09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I want to be left alone... Until my epidural kicks in. Then I'm golden!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:11 AM

I only want my Dh there. I had friends visit while I was in labor with my 2nd and I absolutely hated it. One kept touching my hand and it annoyed me to no end even though I know she was just trying to be helpful lol. 

youngmothero999
by on Aug. 9, 2015 at 10:42 AM

I want to be by myself where I can moan, stretch, practice on my breathing, talk to myself, curse, without anyone asking what I'm doing or being judgmental. That early labor was about 30 hours with my first baby.  Then my BF called the mid wife when I felt like it was time.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM
I like to be left alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)