Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever been induced?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM
  • 37 Replies
Being induced Monday and I'm so nervous. Any advice or tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Any reason why you're being induced? I was induced with my first due to preeclampsia...if your cervix isn't ready for it be prepared for a long labor because it took me 22 hours start to finish. I'd suggest eating a good protein/carb filled meal beforehand because they probably won't let you eat. Drink a lot of water so the nurse can get your IV in more easily. Try to get as much sleap as you can the night before...I'd consider benadryl lol.
littlemoments99
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM
I was induced with my first at 41 weeks, 4 days. I was 75% effaced and 0cm. I got cervadil at 9pm, pitocin at 9am, and had baby in my arms at 6:35pm.

I consider my labor only 9 hours long. Counting from when I got pitocin. Half hour of pushing. Not too painful. I did get an epidural which worked wonderfully. I slept probably 7 out of the 9 hours of labor.

I'm not sure I have much advice for an induction since I didn't really do anything for mine. If you want to go natural while being induced then you can try walking if they let you.

With my second labor started on its own and walking for 30 minutes made me go from 4cm to 5 1/2 cm. my body was ready though.

Good luck! I hope it goes well!!
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't dilate with in a few hours, don't let them break your water or it will most likely result in a c-section. IT's okay to go home for a day or two and come back and try again if the induction fails, you are not forced to lead to a c-section if a induction doesn't work right, but only if you, baby are okay, and your water is still intact.

I was induced with my first for being way over due, and it almost killed me because my body wasn't ready and they over-dosed me on the pitocin trying to force it. It almost resulted in me bleeding to death, so i'm a huge advocate of working with a ready body, and not trying to force a situation if it's not 100% required.

youngmothero999
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM

No, I have home births.

godsgirl26
by Charmaine on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM
Yes, I was and I will NEVER do that again..
mrs.macmanus
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM
I was induced with my second baby. Mine went well but I had an awesome nurse and I'm sure she's a big reason why. My time from first meds to baby was 10 hours.
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:42 PM
My first baby was an induction that I was bullied into, and I will never consent to one again. It was awful.
juniors.mommy
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:44 PM
Yeah but my cervix wasn't softening and I wasn't dialating...after 12 hours it ended in a csection but I had pre eclampsia
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 1:48 PM

yeah i was induced with pictoicn cause my water broke at 38 weeks . after 15 hrs it ended up in a c-section. ill never be induced again it wasent a great experience for me . get lots of sleep before u go thats my best advice!

Mom2five87
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:18 PM
I've been induced 4 times (3 singles and a set of twins) and they were all pretty good experiences. I did have some issues with the epidural once but that wasn't because of the induction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)