Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your doctor's office take a long time for appointments?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

No matter what's going on, it always seems to take 1hr at my doctor appointments. It's about 25min to wait to be called back to the room, 25min to wait for the doctor to come into the exam room, and 10min for the exam itself. I think the fastest I've ever gotten out of there is 40min, and the longest was when I had to do that nasty gestational diabetes test that seemed to be an all-day affair. Blech!

How long does it generally take you at doctor appointments? 

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Txfallenangel83
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Im never at my doctors for more than 30 minutes.
MommyAgain27
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM

I was at my appointment for two hours yesterday before they told me that my doctor had and emergency at one of the hospitals, and they didn't know how long it would take. I understand things like that happen, but I was pissed. I didn't want to wait around so I just rescheduled.  My appointment usually last 1.5 hours and all but 10 minutes of that is just waiting. 

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM
It usually takes 2-3 hours. I wis the appointment was only an hour I'd be happy.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:44 PM
In my experience general practitioners are approx 1 hour, an OB is 1 to 8 hours, and a midwife is instant. I attribute the difference largely to midwives not over booking & scheduling sufficient time for an appointment in the first place. The medical system standard of 10 minutes doesn't cut it.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM

My OB is usually pretty quick. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes to wait to get into the room but usually it's less than that. The appointment itself lasts maybe 5 minutes and then I'm out of there. Buuuut I have had to wait around for a while a couple times when she was stuck in deliveries. In my opinion it's worth the waiting knowing that she delivers almost all of her clients. 

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:58 PM

It varies depending on the time of day.  I try to get in for pretty much the earliest appt I can.  If I'm taken back right way, then I think I'm out in about 45 min; if there's more than like 3 appts ahead of mine, then it's an hour or so, and if I'm in there in the middle of the morning, it can take 2 hours or more.

RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:33 PM

FOREVER!! drives me nuts, I always get there 10-15minutes early. My appointment next week is at 3pm and I'll be shocked if I get out before 4:30...

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Well, I have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to an office....

Then, I see midwives.  If I go to their main campus location, appointments run on time.  You get there, check in and wait maybe 10 minutes (I always get there early).  Then you spend at least 20 with the midwife, more if you all wind up talking. 

Of course, with this pregnancy I've been in a centering group which is a 2 hour meeting.  

I know their location that's away from the main campus tends to always run late, because it's not part of the hospital so births at the hospital can mess up the scheduling easily.  

tiffluv81
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:38 PM

ugggh this has been my frustrations since last trimester and that damn gest drink. It use to take about 30 minutes in total now Im in there for 45 minutes plus.

mammabear413
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Some visits I get right in on time . Longest I waited was like 25 mins and then good time on me no rushing. So 45 mins.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)