Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need smart mommie opinions/ideas...

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am prego with DD#2 we have a 3 bedroom place but the third bedroom is for my Fiance's office. We're going to have baby sleeping in her crib in our room. We have a King size bed and her crib along one wall with a small area for my Fiance to walk along between the wall and the bed on his side. Then two "normal" dressers along the wall at the foot of the bed with an extra long on as well. Then the final open wall is our closet.

DD #1's room is full with her dresser and a spair dresser for the baby. Then her little zebra chair and book shelf with toy organizer (I added pictures below).

Now DD's bed is on top of a box spring since she broke her stand jumping on the bed. I am thinking if I can figure out a way to lift her bed up off othe ground. I can get some of those shallow long totes to put under her bed?? I would love to get something like the picture below but it's about $400 AND I would need to get her a smaller mattress for the bed below which would cost more money and what would I do with her current mattress which is under 3 years old? (yeah maybe sell it but still). So My cheaper solution seems to be raising her bed so we can create some storage under it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:06 PM
What is your ultimate goal? Move baby into dd1s room?
RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Long term yes, BUT we are planning on buying a house in a year or two. So for right now I would to move a dresser into our bedroom so I can access baby diapers, clothes etc easily in the middle of the night but I don't think that's going to happen with our current set up =/ hence I was thinking if I can move somethings under DD #1 bed then (I have a drawer in the bedroom with my curling iron, flat iorn etc in it that I can empty out and then have an open drawer for baby stuff...

Quoting Kaylahk: What is your ultimate goal? Move baby into dd1s room?

CafeMom Tickers
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

The wall left of the crib why not put babies dresse there.  Should be enough space to access crib.  Or could do dresser where crib is an on the blank wall use pack n play full time for smaller floor space.

as for daughters bed.  Get a cheap frame and then buy the lifters if you want double space under otherwise the cheap metal frame will fit the under bed storage.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM

There are a lot of options for raising a bed off the floor.  Frames aren't expensive, furniture stores give them away w/ purchase of a matteress and box spring, for instance; I've never bought one, but someone you know might have one they're not using from a recent matteress purchase.

Otherwise, there are the ugly options that you'd probably want to figure out a way to cover up, like CBS blocks, milk crates, etc.  Another route would be those little black cup things that Wm sells to raise beds off the floor; they're intended to use for bed frames (w/ legs/feet, but you could get two sets and screw/bolt them together and then put the bed up on them (you'd probably want to secure them to the boxspring somehow if your DD still enjoys jumping on the bed; and who doesn't enjoy a good jump on a bed???).  You could buy furniture legs at a hardware store and affix them to the boxspring or build a frame pretty easily.

RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM

The wall to the left of babies crib if a double door closet so if I put a dresser there I'll be cutting off all access to my Fiance's side of the closet. I feel like we need to do a clothing purge lol.

Quoting kgbm13:

The wall left of the crib why not put babies dresse there.  Should be enough space to access crib.  Or could do dresser where crib is an on the blank wall use pack n play full time for smaller floor space.

as for daughters bed.  Get a cheap frame and then buy the lifters if you want double space under otherwise the cheap metal frame will fit the under bed storage.

CafeMom Tickers
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Who needs cloths.  Lol  anyway then I would opt for a pack n play with the changing area and a diaper holder.  Can also spend an added $20 for a foam mattress to make it more like a crib for comfort.  We use one full time so our daughter has her own bed when we travel to see dad at work.

Quoting RedHeadTemper:

The wall to the left of babies crib if a double door closet so if I put a dresser there I'll be cutting off all access to my Fiance's side of the closet. I feel like we need to do a clothing purge lol.

Quoting kgbm13:

RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Lol, You actually gave me an idea though. He only has shorts and such on his side with a couple of dress shirts. If I move the shirts over I can move some storage boxes into the closet on that side that we won't be digging through any time soon and then we can totally move a dresser in that area because he won't need to get into that side.

Quoting kgbm13:

Who needs cloths.  Lol  anyway then I would opt for a pack n play with the changing area and a diaper holder.  Can also spend an added $20 for a foam mattress to make it more like a crib for comfort.  We use one full time so our daughter has her own bed when we travel to see dad at work.

Quoting RedHeadTemper:

Quoting kgbm13:

CafeMom Tickers
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM
Does babys crib have some space underneath? Maybe you could try to find one of those storage containers that are wide byt real slim. Then you can store diapers and clothes or whatever else right under babys bed.

Quoting RedHeadTemper:

Long term yes, BUT we are planning on buying a house in a year or two. So for right now I would to move a dresser into our bedroom so I can access baby diapers, clothes etc easily in the middle of the night but I don't think that's going to happen with our current set up =/ hence I was thinking if I can move somethings under DD #1 bed then (I have a drawer in the bedroom with my curling iron, flat iorn etc in it that I can empty out and then have an open drawer for baby stuff...

RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Actually yes! I have a few boxes of diapers under there but there is more room.

Quoting Kaylahk: Does babys crib have some space underneath? Maybe you could try to find one of those storage containers that are wide byt real slim. Then you can store diapers and clothes or whatever else right under babys bed.
Quoting RedHeadTemper:

CafeMom Tickers
Kaylahk
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The container was what i was thinking but if you have a little wall space and could find a cart like that then maybe use that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)