Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I tell...

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
My massotherapist? I'm getting an upper back and neck massage tomorrow (my shoulders are so tight my hands are going numb :-()

I will be only 5 weeks tomorrow, normally I would just say something no big deal, bit she is also my cousin and we weren't going to tell family for another couple months.

She will get doing arms, neck and upper back. Nothing lower and no feet. Just wasn't sure if there are pressure points she should avoid?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Yes, you should. There are certain pressure points that they need to avoid during a massage when your pregnant. Better safe than sorry! Drink lots of water before and after and enjoy!
mammabear413
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes you need to tell the massage therapist . There are point in the shoulders and feet few other places that shouldn't have to much pressure on them. There are points called eliminator points.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Yes I'd say something. At the beginning I had to talk to my cousin who is also a doctor and simply asked him to not tell family
Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Definitely.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:03 PM
Yes, just let them know you don't want others to know yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MinglingMom
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I would either tell them or cancel the appointment if you don't want to tell anyone. Some massage therapists are not comfortable doing a massage in the first trimester.

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM

I would always mention it to anyone who's going to be touching your body. If you don't want to spill th ebeans, i'd skip the appointment.

amber710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM

If you don't want anyone in your family to know for a while- I would cancel, see a different massage therapist, and tell them.

Your cousin will understand once you are openly pregnant. And it is not like she has to know that you went to someone else. Tell her that you canceled because you didn't feel well (probably true anyway).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)