Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much swelling is normal?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

I never really have any swelling when pregnant, other than my ankles when I'm about to pop and still working, but my friend is about 5mos and she seems to have swollen fingers, hands, feet, and toes all the time. When do you know this is a real problem, and not just that she needs to cut back on salt or something? She doesn't think anything is wrong, but her fingers don't look right to me as swollen as they are.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM
I always have swelling. If she has a problem, I'm sure her doctor will tell her.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:25 PM

I would talk to her (which it sounds like you did).  Otherwise, I would ask her to please mention it at her next appt b/c I'm worried about it.  KWIM?

But that's just me, and everyone sees how nosy and all I am. lol

godsgirl26
by Charmaine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
I've been having swelling also but don't know how much is to much. I will be bringing it up to my doctor tomorrow. She should ask her doctor a about it.
godsgirl26
by Charmaine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:32 PM
I don't mind your nosy-ness lol. You always have some great advice πŸ‘πŸ‘ŠπŸΎπŸ‘ŠπŸΎ.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

I would talk to her (which it sounds like you did).  Otherwise, I would ask her to please mention it at her next appt b/c I'm worried about it.  KWIM?

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Aw!  Thanks. =)  I'm glad it's helpful!!! =)

Quoting godsgirl26: I don't mind your nosy-ness lol. You always have some great advice πŸ‘πŸ‘ŠπŸΎπŸ‘ŠπŸΎ.
Quoting HunnyBabie:

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I agree with the others, I would have her mention it to her doctor.

orchid369
by Member on Oct. 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM

I'm 32.5 weeks and I haven't really noticed any real swelling... but I would bring it up as it could be a sign of pre eclampsia and other things that can negatively effect the baby..

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2015 at 5:22 PM
I would just say "hey just to make me feel better, could you ask your doctor for me?"

The thing is, if she's doing too much, walking a lot, eating a lot of salty things(even things you wouldn't think of as being salty but are)...

Then of course it's contributing and cutting back, taking breaks,etc can help but it's up to her to reckognize that in her self as some people can't be reached til THEY think it's a problem.
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Idk, I'm with you I never have any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)