Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am losing my plug?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
***warning, a bit graphic and maybe TMI** I know it's sad, but this is my third pregnancy and I've never really experienced losing a mucus plug or finding it in anyway ...I've always gone into preterm labor. (32-36 weeks) I'm 33 weeks now and naturally, I had some astounding contractions a few days ago, about 10 in an hour and a half. I went to the doctor, they did the fetal fibernectin and sure enough it came back positive and they put me on bed rest. I'm already dilated and have cervical softening...(I have a toddler at home, there is no such thing as bedrest, but I do the best I can)..well I went to go to the bathroom this evening and there were chunks of stuff in the toilet I've never seen before. I wiped and no blood tinge or anything...is this something I should be concerns about? How soon would a woman normally lose pieces of her mucus plug? (I've never made it to term, so I don't know) ...I'm doing everything I possibly can to relax.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM
It's possible, but it's not a sign of labor. It regenerates.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Your mucous plug passes as the cervix dilates beyond the size required to hold it in place (or if it gets "wet" like from other thinner cervical or vaginal fluids, but since you're already dilating, that's what I would find concerning about it).

I wouldn't be concerned; however, if it were me, I would definitely call the dr.  That's just me.

Here's a bump in hopes that you get more information/advice. =)

Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:22 PM

i lost mine at around 29 weeks. i am 34 weeks and i just lost it again.

NicklPicklesMom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:41 PM
I'm suppose to see him next week, so I will mention it to him. I've been six dilated before at 33 weeks and 80% effaced and went two more weeks before delivering so I am holding onto hope that I won't dialate anymore, but its never a garuntee I guess. So frustrating!

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Your mucous plug passes as the cervix dilates beyond the size required to hold it in place (or if it gets "wet" like from other thinner cervical or vaginal fluids, but since you're already dilating, that's what I would find concerning about it).

I wouldn't be concerned; however, if it were me, I would definitely call the dr.  That's just me.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM

I haven't been able to get past 3cm w/o pitocin, even at 38-39 weeks, not since my first pregnancy anyway.  If I were six, I'd be pushing in less than an hour.

I can relate to the frustration though; I have hated walking around dilating but not enough and having to wait and wait and wait.  It's horrible!  (((hugs)))

Quoting NicklPicklesMom: I'm suppose to see him next week, so I will mention it to him. I've been six dilated before at 33 weeks and 80% effaced and went two more weeks before delivering so I am holding onto hope that I won't dialate anymore, but its never a garuntee I guess. So frustrating!
Quoting HunnyBabie:

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)