Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE* Please tell me what's NOT wrong

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM
  • 38 Replies

*UPDATE*

First, thank you all for all the information and well-wishing and helpful advice!!!  This is a wonderful group of women and I'm so honored to be part of this group!!!

I'm taking an iron supplement for the past couple of days and I'm feeling better.  Also, DH ordered a bp cuff for me, so that we can keep an eye on my bp at home.

I can't say this enough, you all are the best!!!  Thank you so much!!!!!!  ((((hugs))))

*Original Post*

I'm feeling much better.

I'm beginning to "worry" about some things that have been going on.

I've had a headache (usually pretty bad, but not on par w/ a migraine, although similar accompanying symptoms from when I had them a long time ago [I don't want to get into a religious discussion; I did have them, I was healed, I haven't had one since.]) ... headach, pretty bad, off and on for the past week and a half, give or take.  (headaches are normal in pregnancy).

I've been having a lot (A LOT) of BHs, sometimes w/ cramping, and once w/ cramping and pelvic floor pressure.  I'm talking BH just from standing up from the couch, and then they continue if I do anything, and then if I don't stop w/ like ten min or something, I start getting cramps w/ them too (lower front abdominal cramps).

I've been having "visual disturbances" is I guess what you'd call them.  Sometimes seeing stars or spots, sometimes my vision ??? pulses? is the only thing I can think to call it around the edges.  This is usually accompanied by...

Dizziness.  Out of nowhere.  I'm not the most balanced and coordinated person w/o having my center of gravity thrown off by 2# of baby, a bunch of amnionic fluid, a giant uterus and enormous boobs.  So, this isn't a surprise, but it's gotten significantly worse over the same time frame (all of this has been going on for about a week and a half).

Never minding tired, baby tap dancing on my bladder, etc.  One thing comes to mind, but my bp is always on the low end of normal (90s / 60s; although, it was a little higher at my last visit, last Tues (a week and a half ago).  How come all this crap happens right after I've gone to the dr???  Ugh!

Okay, I"m sorry for the book.  Please tell me everything is fine and I'll feel better after getting a good night's sleep (like that's going to happen, let's pretend there's going to be some kind of miracle tonight and I'm going to sleep better than I have ever slept pregnant before).  Clap three times, or is that click your heels?  I will sleep well tonight; I will sleep well tonight....  Please help me, ladies?

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I would maybe go get checked out and have your blood pressure taken. While it might be normal, it sounds like your blood pressure may be jumping around a bit.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Please tell me that's okay and normal.  Okay, I don't really just want to hear what I want to hear, but....ugh.

What kinds of things should I be worried about if my bp is jumping around?
The problem is that by the time I sit in the dr's office and chat w/ DD (she comes w/ me, b/c I hate going alone and DH is w/ the rest of our crew), and then (as long as the nurse lets me pee before she weighs me, story for another time feel free to ask, I like telling stories as evidenced by all the books I write on here) I get weighed and then they take my bp and it's 90-something over (usually) 60-something.  Last time, though, it was 112/61; the 61 part is normal for me. =)  Okay, that's not really that great.

I don't need this right now.  I need to finish my finals so I can stop sitting on the couch all day. =,(
I'm sorry to kind of unload on you, Hon! =( 

Quoting kajira:

I would maybe go get checked out and have your blood pressure taken. While it might be normal, it sounds like your blood pressure may be jumping around a bit.

S.W.W.G. group

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Iff your blood pressure is creeping up, it may just need to be monitord, you may be dealing with headaches and other problems, as long as it doesn't get dangerously high, it's more annoying and just needs monitoring... if it gets too high, they may want medication, or depending on how south blood pressure goes, hospital monitoring or early birth.

I would assume you're not there since oyu normally have low pressure, but if it's creeping up, you need to know and so do your doctors.

It could be stress, but from what you describe, it sounds like you feel something is wrong, but it could just be migraines. I'm dealing with onetoday, and have all thes ymptoms you're describing and am not functional. I can't really take anything for it... so I just suffer through. Pain of a migraine can also raise your blood pressure (pain response) but migraines and headaches can also be caused BY blood pressure issues.... so.. better to be safe than sorry, kwim?

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Please tell me that's okay and normal.  Okay, I don't really just want to hear what I want to hear, but....ugh.

What kinds of things should I be worried about if my bp is jumping around?The problem is that by the time I sit in the dr's office and chat w/ DD (she comes w/ me, b/c I hate going alone and DH is w/ the rest of our crew), and then (as long as the nurse lets me pee before she weighs me, story for another time feel free to ask, I like telling stories as evidenced by all the books I write on here) I get weighed and then they take my bp and it's 90-something over (usually) 60-something.  Last time, though, it was 112/61; the 61 part is normal for me. =)  Okay, that's not really that great.

I don't need this right now.  I need to finish my finals so I can stop sitting on the couch all day. =,(I'm sorry to kind of unload on you, Hon! =( 

Quoting kajira:

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Yes, I KWYM.  Yes, I'm concerned that my bp is creeping up (or jumping around at least) and that might cause issues.  I'm trying to take it easy until I'm finished w/ finals and hopefully it's just the stress of that and sitting too much.  I can't go to the dr's office right now (I don't mean today, I mean it's an hour and a half haul).  But I'll try to get in to a store w/ a bp cuff and monitor it myself.  If DH and I can both finish our finals early, then I'll try to get into see my midwife before my appt in a couple of weeks.

Thank you so much for your help!!!  I do greatly appreciate it!!! =)  (((hugs)))

Quoting kajira:

Iff your blood pressure is creeping up, it may just need to be monitord, you may be dealing with headaches and other problems, as long as it doesn't get dangerously high, it's more annoying and just needs monitoring... if it gets too high, they may want medication, or depending on how south blood pressure goes, hospital monitoring or early birth.

I would assume you're not there since oyu normally have low pressure, but if it's creeping up, you need to know and so do your doctors.

It could be stress, but from what you describe, it sounds like you feel something is wrong, but it could just be migraines. I'm dealing with onetoday, and have all thes ymptoms you're describing and am not functional. I can't really take anything for it... so I just suffer through. Pain of a migraine can also raise your blood pressure (pain response) but migraines and headaches can also be caused BY blood pressure issues.... so.. better to be safe than sorry, kwim?

Quoting HunnyBabie:

What kinds of things should I be worried about if my bp is jumping around?The problem is that by the time I sit in the dr's office and chat w/ DD (she comes w/ me, b/c I hate going alone and DH is w/ the rest of our crew), and then (as long as the nurse lets me pee before she weighs me, story for another time feel free to ask, I like telling stories as evidenced by all the books I write on here) I get weighed and then they take my bp and it's 90-something over (usually) 60-something.  Last time, though, it was 112/61; the 61 part is normal for me. =)  Okay, that's not really that great.

I don't need this right now.  I need to finish my finals so I can stop sitting on the couch all day. =,(I'm sorry to kind of unload on you, Hon! =( 

Quoting kajira:

S.W.W.G. group

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM

I hope you fele better soon. I'm sorry you're not feeling good and have so much stress going on.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Yes, I KWYM.  Yes, I'm concerned that my bp is creeping up (or jumping around at least) and that might cause issues.  I'm trying to take it easy until I'm finished w/ finals and hopefully it's just the stress of that and sitting too much.  I can't go to the dr's office right now (I don't mean today, I mean it's an hour and a half haul).  But I'll try to get in to a store w/ a bp cuff and monitor it myself.  If DH and I can both finish our finals early, then I'll try to get into see my midwife before my appt in a couple of weeks.

Thank you so much for your help!!!  I do greatly appreciate it!!! =)  (((hugs)))

Quoting kajira:

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Quoting kajira:

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Thanks! =)

I'm sorry you have a migraine today!!! =(  I hope you're feeling better soon too, Hon! (((hugs)))

Quoting kajira:

I hope you fele better soon. I'm sorry you're not feeling good and have so much stress going on.

S.W.W.G. group

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM
It sounds like it's definitely caused by one main thing..

like BP or low Iron(some people get like that with very low Iron) or diabetic type stuff can cause it too(prediabetic, stage,can cause that in some people that doesn't mean you ARE but with time, maybe even after baby will become that or later, but when pregnant for example prediabetic can make a host of symptoms including ones you didn't list here but some you did).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry with guesses as it can be several things and they can be managed in ways that aren't as severe as you would think, just have to tell doc early so they can rule out possibilities and get to it while it's easier to treat then say if you wait.
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I'm sorry your having a hard time:( That's a lot to feel all at once.
godsgirl26
by Charmaine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Oh Hunny, that sounds like a lot of stuff you are going through goodness, I will definitely lift you up in prayer tonight. Relax and I pray you sleep well :).
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM

My iron was okay, the low end of the "normal" range at the beginning of the pregnancy; I guess it could be lower now, IDK.  I'll talk to DH and that way, I'll kind of "have" to call the dr's office if things get any worse or don't get better.

I'm really hoping that a good night's sleep will make all the difference in the world.

Thank you!!! =)

Quoting Sassym0m24: It sounds like it's definitely caused by one main thing.. like BP or low Iron(some people get like that with very low Iron) or diabetic type stuff can cause it too(prediabetic, stage,can cause that in some people that doesn't mean you ARE but with time, maybe even after baby will become that or later, but when pregnant for example prediabetic can make a host of symptoms including ones you didn't list here but some you did). Honestly, I wouldn't worry with guesses as it can be several things and they can be managed in ways that aren't as severe as you would think, just have to tell doc early so they can rule out possibilities and get to it while it's easier to treat then say if you wait.

S.W.W.G. group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)