Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period like cramps

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
I've been having period like cramping, guess would be the best way to describe it. With alot of pressure in my stomach. Im 33 weeks 3 days. This is my 3rd pregnancy but it's been 7 years so I don't remember all of what's normal and not. I tried asking doctor Google but he wasn't much help.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM

My rule of thumb is to call the midwife/OB if I feel concerned about anything; that's what they get paid for.  I'm not much help either am I? =\

I'm 27+2 and I've been having more and more cramping.  Mine is all on the bottom of my belly and it's preceded by a lot of BHs, and then if I don't stop whatever and rest, then I've gotten some pelvic floor pressure too.  In my case, I can't run to the dr (an hour and a half away) for every time, and I wouldn't want to if it was five min away either, so I just rest when I need to.  ((hugs))

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM
I normally do but I hate to be one of those people that calls about every little thing.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

My rule of thumb is to call the midwife/OB if I feel concerned about anything; that's what they get paid for.  I'm not much help either am I? =\

I'm 27+2 and I've been having more and more cramping.  Mine is all on the bottom of my belly and it's preceded by a lot of BHs, and then if I don't stop whatever and rest, then I've gotten some pelvic floor pressure too.  In my case, I can't run to the dr (an hour and a half away) for every time, and I wouldn't want to if it was five min away either, so I just rest when I need to.  ((hugs))

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Same here.  I'm feeling like crap right now.  If I told DH everything that's going on, he'd probably want me to call.  If I call, then they're going to want me to come in, and I "can't" really come in right now, so I'm having to keep the symptoms I'm having to a minimum and try to wait until I can go in, unless things get out of hand, then I'll have to bite the bullet and go in anyway.

Even if you do end up being one of those ppl who calls about every little thing, then you're learning and you won't call in as much. =\  (not really much help, huh?)

Honestly, if you're concerned, then you need to call.  I wouldn't go in to the ER for the more minor things that I can call about.  But, seriously, that's what they're there for, to take care of you, that's why they're called "care providers".  They don't have to bag groceries on the side to buy their family food; they get paid (a lot, BTW) to provide care to you, including answering your questions and looking into your concerns. (hug)

Quoting lovely.mess: I normally do but I hate to be one of those people that calls about every little thing.
Quoting HunnyBabie:

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:02 PM
I haven't even told DH I've been having these cramps. He probably wouldn't be any help either way. I have a csection planned for November 17th and I've never gone into labor on my own but I just feel like this time I'm not going to make it to 39 weeks. We'll see though

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Same here.  I'm feeling like crap right now.  If I told DH everything that's going on, he'd probably want me to call.  If I call, then they're going to want me to come in, and I "can't" really come in right now, so I'm having to keep the symptoms I'm having to a minimum and try to wait until I can go in, unless things get out of hand, then I'll have to bite the bullet and go in anyway.

Even if you do end up being one of those ppl who calls about every little thing, then you're learning and you won't call in as much. =\  (not really much help, huh?)

Honestly, if you're concerned, then you need to call.  I wouldn't go in to the ER for the more minor things that I can call about.  But, seriously, that's what they're there for, to take care of you, that's why they're called "care providers".  They don't have to bag groceries on the side to buy their family food; they get paid (a lot, BTW) to provide care to you, including answering your questions and looking into your concerns. (hug)

Quoting lovely.mess: I normally do but I hate to be one of those people that calls about every little thing.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Like I said, I havne't told my DH either.  I have been induced/augmented w/ all buy my first.  If I go to 38 weeks, then I'll be scheduled for induction at 39, just b/c the hospital is so far away.  I'm hoping to go into labor (active labor) on my own this time too; instead of getting stuck in early labor for the last six weeks of my pregnancy; I've been so worn out by the ends of my pregnancies.

I hope you go into labor on your own before your c-section! =)

For what it's worth, I think you should call in the morning if you're still having a lot of cramps. (hug) =)

Quoting lovely.mess: I haven't even told DH I've been having these cramps. He probably wouldn't be any help either way. I have a csection planned for November 17th and I've never gone into labor on my own but I just feel like this time I'm not going to make it to 39 weeks. We'll see though
Quoting HunnyBabie:

Quoting HunnyBabie:

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:51 PM
If I'm still having the same cramps in the morning or they get worse I will call. It really doesn't matter if I do or not I'll have a csection either way. But it would be nice to say I actually did for once. This is our last one or I would have pushed more for the vbac.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Like I said, I havne't told my DH either.  I have been induced/augmented w/ all buy my first.  If I go to 38 weeks, then I'll be scheduled for induction at 39, just b/c the hospital is so far away.  I'm hoping to go into labor (active labor) on my own this time too; instead of getting stuck in early labor for the last six weeks of my pregnancy; I've been so worn out by the ends of my pregnancies.

For what it's worth, I think you should call in the morning if you're still having a lot of cramps. (hug) =)

Quoting lovely.mess: I haven't even told DH I've been having these cramps. He probably wouldn't be any help either way. I have a csection planned for November 17th and I've never gone into labor on my own but I just feel like this time I'm not going to make it to 39 weeks. We'll see though

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Bumblebutt
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your doctor! Mine said that anything that feels like period like cramps should be a concern that you need to call right away. Good luck! 

photo B_zpsd06nmv1b.png

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 7:29 AM
I feel better that you'll call.
I understand that, but I know how it feels not to have something so important as your L&D go as you feel like it should. It's one thing to be flexible and to understand that these things never go "according to plan" but it's another when a certain aspect of it is so important to you and is simply out of reach. (hugs)
This is our last too. I understand how you feel. :)

Quoting lovely.mess: If I'm still having the same cramps in the morning or they get worse I will call. It really doesn't matter if I do or not I'll have a csection either way. But it would be nice to say I actually did for once. This is our last one or I would have pushed more for the vbac.

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Quoting HunnyBabie:

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM
I have been having menstral like cramps horrible in my lower back and lower abdomen combined with some contractions for 2 days now. I went in to my doctor and am not dilated so he sent me home. He did put me on bed rest until 36wks. He said this is our body preparing for labor. Unless contractions are regular or I start dilating, it's nothing to worry about.
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Put your feet up, drink some water.  I hope they stop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)