Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice maybe some success stories.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:06 PM
  • 52 Replies
So my doctor gave me a consent form for a VBac. I am very confused on what to do. My DH says no because of the risks but ultimately it is my decision. I am terrified of a uterine repture I know it is less then 1% of it happening but what if I am that 1%. My OB said I have had a successful vaginally delivery so I am a good candidate. I just worry what if it does happen and the risks for the baby is lack of oxygen, brain damage or death. For me a lot of blood loss. I just don't know what to do. When I give birth It will only be 18 months since my c-section. Oh...my reason for my c-section with my second was because we thought she was going to be 9lbs. 12oz. So we agree to a c-section but she came out 7lbs. 9oz. My first was 7lbs. 8oz.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:16 PM
Bump
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Research the risks of a repeat c-section. There's just as much (possibly more) of a risk than a VBAC. Many women in this group have had great experiences with a VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mychinababy
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM
If it were me I would try everything I could for a vbac before another c/s.
Good luck!
supergirl82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 3:40 AM
Research the risks of another C-section. Those risks are much greater than doing a VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
menk08
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 3:41 AM
I did a vbac before, went well, no issues
lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 7:17 AM
How many months or years apart was your c-section and then your VBac?

Quoting menk08: I did a vbac before, went well, no issues
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I got pregnant about 14 months after my c-section. I had two vaginal deliveries before it, and i'm fighting for a vbac hard.

I don't just plan on doing a hospital vbac, I'm planning on a homebirth with a midwife vbac.

Mine will be just around 2 years apart when I give birth to this baby. So far, I haven't had any weird feelings with my uterus besides the normal occasional twinge.

The risks of repeat surgery vs a vbac are a lot higher, I'd rather take an educated risk where it's 1% or less, vs. all the complications and 5-10% risk with a major surgery that's not needed, and you really shouldn't keep having children if you are going to have repeat c-sections, due to the risk of rupture and death during pregnancy that repeat c-sections can put you at risk for.

1 c-section is plenty. If you can avoid repeating surgery, I would. Be lucky your doctor thinks you are a candidate and is giving you a choice. The doctors where I live think once a c-section, always a c-section.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:55 AM
After this baby my DH is getting fixed we do not want anymore 3 is plenty for us. I keep looking but I can't find the risks with repeat c-sections.

Quoting kajira:

I got pregnant about 14 months after my c-section. I had two vaginal deliveries before it, and i'm fighting for a vbac hard.

I don't just plan on doing a hospital vbac, I'm planning on a homebirth with a midwife vbac.

Mine will be just around 2 years apart when I give birth to this baby. So far, I haven't had any weird feelings with my uterus besides the normal occasional twinge.

The risks of repeat surgery vs a vbac are a lot higher, I'd rather take an educated risk where it's 1% or less, vs. all the complications and 5-10% risk with a major surgery that's not needed, and you really shouldn't keep having children if you are going to have repeat c-sections, due to the risk of rupture and death during pregnancy that repeat c-sections can put you at risk for.

1 c-section is plenty. If you can avoid repeating surgery, I would. Be lucky your doctor thinks you are a candidate and is giving you a choice. The doctors where I live think once a c-section, always a c-section.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM
I have tried have not found much on it having a repeat c-section.

Quoting supergirl82: Research the risks of another C-section. Those risks are much greater than doing a VBAC.
supergirl82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't realize the risks of a C-section? Major surgery, anesthesia, potential complications from that?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/c-section/basics/risks/prc-20014571

Quoting lost2013: I have tried have not found much on it having a repeat c-section.

Quoting supergirl82: Research the risks of another C-section. Those risks are much greater than doing a VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)