Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What other moms opinion???

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
My husband and I are expecting. I will 20 weeks Wednesday Oct 28th and my pregnancy is considered high risk. We are thinking about moving to another state cause of no jobs. Personally my husband and I think that it be fine since baby development and her and my health has been good. So what are other moms opinions?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM
I switched doctors after 20 weeks and we moved I think I month ago about. I'm 36 weeks now. So personally I'd say it would be ok, but I'd really try to find a new doctor before moving. If you don't know any in the new area get on a mom group on fb and ask who other women would recommend that's actually how I found mine and he's great, I love the hospital also!
want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
This is almost exactly what I was going to say lol. Or get a referral from your doctor

Quoting lovely.mess: I switched doctors after 20 weeks and we moved I think I month ago about. I'm 36 weeks now. So personally I'd say it would be ok, but I'd really try to find a new doctor before moving. If you don't know any in the new area get on a mom group on fb and ask who other women would recommend that's actually how I found mine and he's great, I love the hospital also!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You should be fine. If you are considered high risk, you shouldn't be doing any lifting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Charmaine on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:47 AM
I'm doing the same thing I'm moving but not to another state but to another city of course.....I'm not lifting anything (because I'm high risk) but I'm packing stuff but that will be enough. Like want2bemommyd said get a referral :)
Cowgirl5150
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Light pinkish red stuff in toliet paper when I wipe and headache lower back ache fatigue an neck pain signs of
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM

I"m soooooo picky about my health professionals that I'm waiting until after I have this baby before we move (we've been wanting to move for a long time).

If I were considering moving during a pregnancy, I (personally) would find a dr where I wan tto go first, then start working on moving.  I would keep both drs informed, letting my current dr know that I need to move and who my new dr is going to be, and talking to the new dr before I actually start the moving process.  Then I would let both drs know when the moving date is set for, so that they both know when I'm no longer the patient of the one and I become the patient of the other.

But, I've never moved during a pregnancy, so I don't really know if there's specific protocol; I'm given to understand that drs don't really like switching things up mid-pregnancy though.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:09 PM

It's never too late to change care providers, but I'd personally be waiting until after baby was born & settled.  Moving is a lot of stress.

Have a signficant other that's away most of the time due to work?
Join me in HARDLY THERE, and meet other mothers who can relate.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:11 PM

I have.  It sucked so bad to have to move while pregnant.  If I had the choice of waiting I would have, but my landlord put the house for sale.  They offered to do a referral for me, and shared care through the remainder of the pregnancy so I could see a doctor in either place at any time.

Quoting HunnyBabie:I've never moved during a pregnancy, so I don't really know if there's specific protocol; I'm given to understand that drs don't really like switching things up mid-pregnancy though.

Have a signficant other that's away most of the time due to work?
Join me in HARDLY THERE, and meet other mothers who can relate.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry.  That's great that they were so cooperative.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

I have.  It sucked so bad to have to move while pregnant.  If I had the choice of waiting I would have, but my landlord put the house for sale.  They offered to do a referral for me, and shared care through the remainder of the pregnancy so I could see a doctor in either place at any time.

Quoting HunnyBabie:I've never moved during a pregnancy, so I don't really know if there's specific protocol; I'm given to understand that drs don't really like switching things up mid-pregnancy though.

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

youngsfamily337
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. My husband don't let do much of anything. Sure you all know how first time fathers are?.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)