Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you choose a name?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

If you've already decided on names, how did you choose? Was it for family or others you know, from a baby name book, something you read in a novel or saw in a film or TV show... ? How did you, or how will you, decide on baby's name?

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:07 PM
Our children's names come from everywhere really. Family, friends, names we have always loved and don't even remember now where or when we heard them.
miasmommy21407
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM

We are still debating a boy name but the one we picked for a girl, we picked the middle name first because it's a family name and then we kind of made a list of names that we liked that would go along with that middle name. Then we narrowed it down by crossing off the names one of us didn't like. We still don't have a boy name yet but hoping to pick this week since we'll know gender soon. 

BabyFruit TickerGrow Baby Grow!!! 

Mom to Mia 8, Dason 6, Angel Baby 1-6-11, Raegan 3, Gabriel 2 and a new blessing due in May!

mammabear413
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:24 PM
With my 1st we used hubbys late brothers name for middle and I heard name Tyler so we stuck neither that for 1st this time doing hubbys 1st as middle or my grand fathers 1st as a middle name. And. Just trying to pick a 1st name we like
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM
With a great deal of thought, research, and debating! It's so much easier when you can do it on your own. We set out a few ground rules (ie: no family names) to eliminate the masses and then, put together the ones we liked with middle names. Finally a short list until baby is born and we choose. I always opt for team green and need to see baby before making a final choice.
ShawnsMom31
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:03 PM

My first was named after his dad, my second I made up, my third child is named by his father (he is indian)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 4:46 PM

actually my MIL had mentioned the name to my husband and we both just LOVED it! so simple. we arent telling anyone until she is born. 

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Mostly, our names have been basically inspiration.  The ones we've chosen (mostly middle names) have been for different reasons.

DH suggested that we use a name I've always liked for one.  For another I used a son naming tradtion from DH's family to name DD.  We chose a specific nationality and then I did some research and found some names, I found two we both liked and DH told me to pick whichever one I liked better.  He suggested a name that he really liked for another.  And I've wanted to name one of my girls w/ my middle name, so before we knew the gender of this baby, we were talking about middle names and he said I could name this one w/ my middle name if it's a girl and we didn't come up w/ a boy middle name, but found out she's a girl, so it didn't matter.

How about you?

want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:50 PM
I thought I had a name picked out and now second guessing. .... so idk lol I'm 23 weeks
mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 3:05 AM
My first son Damion was named after his dad,my dd#1 Mckayla was named by her aunt,my 2nd dd after the singer Aaliyah,3rd dd after Alyssa Milano the actress,2nd son Mark after his dad my current husband,my 4th dd Breanna was named after a TV character we were watching the day we were in labor and loved it and ds3 I heard the name Gavin and loved it. And baby's name is gonna be Namaiya,saw it in African names and dh loves it.
mommy211983
by on Oct. 27, 2015 at 3:07 AM
My first I had picked for 12 years before he was born and his middle name is after my favorite singer. My second we looked and looked and loved the name. His middle name is our favorite author.
This baby we liked the first name and his middle name is Darwin after Charles Darwin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)