Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Weeks 5 days with just a sac

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
Looking for anyone who has had this happen and be ok. I've had a blighted ovum before. But my hcg levels rose great. I have a placenta forming, I have blood flow around the sac, I have pregnancy symptoms.. I'm trying to hold onto faith. Re scan next week Thursday. Hate being in limbo
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luckyinlife
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It's too early to see much,wait a few weeks.
amber710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

He or she would be very small. I can imagine being an ultrasound tech and having a hard time finding a pea in your whole uterus. I have never had an ultrasound before 9 weeks (they won't do them for us before then). And even on the 9 week prints it is almost impossible to tell what is what and see baby. 

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM

This is the week they'd usually just see a sac, and MAYBE a yolk if the tech is good enough to find it. LOL

3pupmom2015
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM
6w1d I had the tiniest speck of baby in my US. Don't worry
eChard
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM
That sounds about right. You'll see more in the comingbweek
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 7:59 PM

I had a friend have this happen to and they didn't have her come back for a month.  Everything was perfect at her 2nd scan.

cheergurl84
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:44 PM
At this point, it's hard to say either way. We saw baby and heartbeat at 5 weeks 5 days, but we were told we may just see the sac. The OB said that would have been normal at that point too. Hang in there. Praying that you will see baby during your next scan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)