Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I have this?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM
  • 4 Replies
Protein drink?
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amber710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Yes. Why not? Lol

I drink them in the first trimester when they are all I can keep down. Boost nutrition shakes and saltine crackers. Breakfast of champions when everything makes you puke. :P

I didn't have any in my second trimester and haven't had any in my third. But as long as you aren't using them to replace food when you can eat, I don't see the problem.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I know everything in the drug dept says "consult your dr if you're pregnant or nursing" but the protein powder I had said, for pregnant women to avoid it.

Quoting amber710:

Yes. Why not? Lol

I drink them in the first trimester when they are all I can keep down. Boost nutrition shakes and saltine crackers. Breakfast of champions when everything makes you puke. :P

I didn't have any in my second trimester and haven't had any in my third. But as long as you aren't using them to replace food when you can eat, I don't see the problem.

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM
I wouldn't... It's probably just full of garbage and sugar,
amber710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Yeah, I guess it depends upon what kind of product she means. 

For example, I wouldn't have consumed my DH's protein whey powder while pregnant. He has it for when he works out and it is intended for guys building muscle mass...which isn't me. It also has the warnings about pregnant women.

I was thinking of the Boost instant breakfast mix or protein shakes (similar ones would be Ensure or Carnation), which is really just chocolate milk mix with some vitamins and protein thrown in. I have drank those with all 3 babies during the first trimester because I get so horribly sick that I am pretty much on a liquid diet the first few months. Those offer more in the way of nutrition than a plain glass of milk or juice. 

Quoting HunnyBabie:

I know everything in the drug dept says "consult your dr if you're pregnant or nursing" but the protein powder I had said, for pregnant women to avoid it.

Quoting amber710:

Yes. Why not? Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)