Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seafood

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
Can I have shrimp and calfornia rolls while pregnant
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I don't know-I rarely want seafood while pregnant. A california roll is sushi, right (never tried it). I hope someone can give you a better answer.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM
Yeah
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Make sure the shrimp is cooked well.
No California rolls bc they're cold may, like deli meat.
I wouldn't eat any seafood out on public, only at home or at homes of close friends and family who understand the importance if its being cooked well.
amycole09
by Holly on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:00 PM
You're aloud deli meat when pregnant. Also it's more likely for a restraunt to cook sushi safer than someone at home.

Quoting HunnyBabie: Make sure the shrimp is cooked well.
I wouldn't eat any seafood out on public, only at home or at homes of close friends and family who understand the importance if its being cooked well.
mekagirl33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM
Yeah my doc told me I can eat deli meat cause it was cooked, I was freaking out cause I had a roast beef sandwich,and I think in the california roll the crab is cooked I love seafood and have had mussels,clams but no oysters those are raw, shrimp, crab and lobster.
MrsKH
by Kara on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:42 AM
I've always been told no cold deli meat. You can have it if it's hot.

Quoting amycole09: You're aloud deli meat when pregnant. Also it's more likely for a restraunt to cook sushi safer than someone at home.

amycole09
by Holly on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:49 AM
Why were you told that? You're aloud it if it's cooked. Maybe because it's more prone to bacteria is all I could think of?

Quoting MrsKH: I've always been told no cold deli meat. You can have it if it's hot.

Quoting amycole09: You're aloud deli meat when pregnant. Also it's more likely for a restraunt to cook sushi safer than someone at home.

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:09 AM

yes

Amari06
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:17 AM
I do any of the cooked or deep fried sushi. Like the shrimp tempura or the one with fried soft shell crab. Shrimp is fine as long as it is cooked properly.

A restaurant near me even makes a roll with boneless fried chicken lol. It is very unique and tasty.
MrsKH
by Kara on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:13 AM
Yes it's probe to bacteria. You can get listeria and it can be really harmful to the baby.

Quoting amycole09: Why were you told that? You're aloud it if it's cooked. Maybe because it's more prone to bacteria is all I could think of?

Quoting MrsKH: I've always been told no cold deli meat. You can have it if it's hot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)