Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your labors start?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:23 PM
  • 41 Replies
I'm 38 weeks today and have no real feeling of labor coming anytime soon. Haven't had a ton of contractions and am only 1cm and 60%effaced. With my ds I was closed up until my water broke on my dd and with my dd I was dilated to 3cm and fully thinned for a month before induction. Needless to say, I don't expect this baby early but I wouldn't complain if baby decided to make a somewhat of an early entrance😉. How did you go into labor? Was it unexpected? Did your kids follow the same pattern?
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitleypittman
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:30 PM
With pitocin. Both times.
tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM
I had pitocin with both of mine too. Even though my water broke with my ds there was meconium so they wanted to move things along.

Quoting whitleypittman: With pitocin. Both times.
whitleypittman
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Neither one of mine wanted to come out! We had to "evict" them!

Quoting tjane3000: I had pitocin with both of mine too. Even though my water broke with my ds there was meconium so they wanted to move things along.

Quoting whitleypittman: With pitocin. Both times.
Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:42 PM

1st first sign was waking up to blood all over. While cervix started to open it bled, went from nothing to delivery in 9 hours

2nd & 3rd was dialated some but not much think maybe 1 or 2 at the most both came at about 38 1/2 weeks

4th water broke at home but progression didn't happen had a little pitocin to kick start and she came in 2 hours

5th tried to come early, but once they lifted bed rest he stayed in till 4 days before his edd. First sign (contractions) to delivery was 3 hours.

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM
At least labor started to get quicker! The blood would've scared me a bit though.

Quoting Eliza04:

1st first sign was waking up to blood all over. While cervix started to open it bled, went from nothing to delivery in 9 hours

2nd & 3rd was dialated some but not much think maybe 1 or 2 at the most both came at about 38 1/2 weeks

4th water broke at home but progression didn't happen had a little pitocin to kick start and she came in 2 hours

5th tried to come early, but once they lifted bed rest he stayed in till 4 days before his edd. First sign (contractions) to delivery was 3 hours.

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Almost all of my labors start with a bad back ache that I don't recognize as labor until later on. I have contractions for weeks before, too, but the backache is the first sign that really signifies that things are about to progress. Regardless, I never recognize it for what it is. I realize later and think how crazy it is that I never recognize it, but that's how it is with me.

tjane3000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Lol! At least you know what to look for!
I have been unbelievably nauseous the last couple days. It's not something I've ever experienced in the 3rd trimester. I'm hoping it's a sign and I'm not getting sick!

Quoting Azure:

Almost all of my labors start with a bad back ache that I don't recognize as labor until later on. I have contractions for weeks before, too, but the backache is the first sign that really signifies that things are about to progress. Regardless, I never recognize it for what it is. I realize later and think how crazy it is that I never recognize it, but that's how it is with me.

ELKmountain.mom
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
1- water broke 2 weeks before due and yes I was surprised
2- didn't feel her move so I went to the doc, she was fine but they induced anyway and I didn't know better enough to say no.
3- labor started 39.2 weeks. I noticed bh contractions the day before and check myself to find dilation. I wasn't shocked when labor started the next morning. Had a wonderful home birth 4 hours later and was surprised by the speed.
4. She was 5 days over due and that did surprise me. I was so anxious that pregnancy that I pushed it off I think. I had labor stuff for several days so when I went into labor I wasn't surprised. Another 4 hour home birth
angelina71190
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:06 PM
1st baby- went into early labor at 22 weeks, stopped labor,had to induce at 39 weeks due to stress on DD
2nd baby- water broke at 35 weeks no contractions had to get pitocin to get DS out. I guess he thought he was ready and changed his mind lol
3rd baby- pitocin and cirvidal at 34 weeks 4 days due to his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck.
Now 30 weeks and 2 days with twins. Baby A has "dropped" I'm at a 3 and 100% effaced with a ton of Braxton hicks. Went into labor at 27 weeks stopped it, and now we are playing the waiting game.
This probably doesn't help much lol but I can defiantly vogue that every pregnancy and delivery is different 😊
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:36 PM

1st my water broke and then 10 mins late contractions started. My second and third woke up to contractions around 3 am in the morning. None of them I had a clue labor was coming.  I just knew tomorow was the day. My third for 5-8 weeks I had signs labor was coming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)