Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 weeks today. Need inputs.

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I go back to work Monday after being off for 3 months due to a ankle injury I had to have surgery on. I found out a few days ago I'm expecting #2 after my daughters 8th birthday. I'm excited but want to have an input on anyone who has or is working while pregnant. My daughter was a healthy pregnancy but I didn't have a job at that time. I'm hoping the baby will be ok with me working. My biggest fear is losing it when I've never had a miscarriage and nor do I want to experience it. Soooooo someone ease my hormones and racing mind lol. I'm nervous.
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Congratulations! Working was very difficult for me when I was pregnant because I get Hyperemesis Gravidarum, but I managed through two pregnancies. For the others I was a stay-at-home mother, which, while difficult, was more convenient than working while pregnant for sure.

I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly!

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Working while pregnant is fine :)
rebecky937
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Good :) I'm hoping for a strong healthy pregnancy like my daughter was. I was fifteen at the time and am now 23 so it should be stronger lol. I set up my ob appointment this week. Once I get the vitamins going it'll make me feel better.
des4220
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM
Just make sure you keep your regular ob appointments, and let your doctor know exactly how your feeling. They will make the ultimate decision on how long and whether its healthy for you and baby to continue working or not.
Congrats (:
cheergurl84
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM
I work 48 hours a week at a high stress job, and then one I'm on my feet. A lot of people work while pregnant. It shouldn't cause you any problems. I've actually had my easiest pregnancy this time and wasn't working nearly as much with my other kids.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:38 PM
I had a m/c due to breastfeeding while pregnant and not sleeping, way too much stress on my body.
I read a post by a mom who was working about 60 hours a week while pregnant and kept m/c'ing.
I would say, eat clean and healthy (whole real good, not processed foods, so your body has the macro nutrients it needs for energy for you and the baby), take your prenatal vitamins (so that you and the baby have the micro nutrients, if it's available then your body will use it for the bevy first and then for itself), get whatever sleep your body tells you it needs (lots of very important chemical things happen while you sleep that keep your body healthy and strong, especially repair), and stay active but don't over do it (staying active while working...lol, but don't push yourself, it doesn't sound like the job is worth the baby's life).
mychinababy
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:57 AM
What type of job do you have? I have worked through three pregnancies, currently my fourth. I work with kids 4-10 years old. I'm always on my feet playing, singing, dancing with the younger ones. Just make sure you stop and sit down whenever you feel your body needs a break.
rebecky937
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM
I'm an assistant manager at dollar general so ill be on my feet constantly. I already told them I ain't stocking and twisting and all that extra stuff. If I feel its too much I may have to quit because I have never nor do I want to experience a miscarriage. We just need the income. I had a different job offer but it was heavy lifting and such so I passed. I didn't tell them I was pregnant cause they have the right to not hire me for it... So I'm stuck at crappy dollar general. But I plan to find a different job after the baby's born.
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Depends on what your job is. Most people can work up until delivery if you aren't high risk, so just talk to your doctor.

the.tooth.fairy
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM
I worked part time and was due October 22. I started having high blood pressure and the dr took me out of work on September 16th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)