Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ambien?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

Having really bad insomnia. Im getting maybe 1-2 hours of sleep combined every night and I have to sleep in a recliner in my livingroom. Its hell. I also have really bad sciatica that is contributing to it. Already done everything that can be done (chiro, physical therapy, over the counter stuff, all of it) and I refuse to take pain pills. Dr put me on Ambien today because of how badly the sleep thing is affecting me. Im scared to take it.

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CaliMama8809
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:36 PM
I don't want to scare you anymore than you are but truly try to ask for something like "restoral" instead. When I was put on ambien I woke up in the middle of the night and would eat, not even know it and go back to sleep. I would wake up very drowsy in the morning, like I can't get out of this deep sleep feeling.
that's the best way I can describe it.

http://www.drugs.com/restoril.html

Here is a link to the other medication my doctor switched me to when I complained about the Ambien.

I'm no longer on any sleep medication after I moved away from all the toxic people in my life thank God.

Good Luck. šŸ˜šŸ˜Š
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachel216
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2015 at 9:48 PM
I was given ambien when I was 36weeks with my 2nd. It was horrible. I started to have Hallucinations by the time I reached the parking( I was in L&D for contactions). The trees were dancing! Ballet of all things. My dds dad had to almost carry me up the stairs and I didn't even feel tired but i was also fighting sleep. So I think that made a small difference. Personally I would never take it again ..I'd rather find a different medication or suffer. It could be 100% different experience for you tho. So maybe try one and see what you think? You need to get rest you also can ask for a different medication if that's what your worried about. Have you ever tried sleepy time tea?? I get yogi brand (at Walmart,Kroger etc) its Carmel flavored all natural tea and I love it!! I usually hate tea so that's huge for me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)