Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm nesting like crazy, but I can't....

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

Lift boxes, build furniture, move furniture, or do much of anything that I actually want to get done!!!  Drving. ME. Nuts.

28 weeks in a couple days and I can't actually get the house set up the way I want.

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM
:( im so sorry to hear that! I understand how frustrating that is! I'm 36 weeks and there's still things I want to get done, but I can't do. not really moving furniture wise, but because my balance is so off, so I can't trust myself on ladders, and since I'm so big, I can't maneuver well enough to do somethings, without losing my balance...
and dh is taking his good old time getting the stuff done! he's off work tomorrow and we have no plans, I think I'm gonna make him get to work! lol
kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Yeah,  we are remodeling the entire house, and there's so much that needs done and my husband can't do 10 things at once, but he won't let ME help either. LOL

Quoting bananas2u: :( im so sorry to hear that! I understand how frustrating that is! I'm 36 weeks and there's still things I want to get done, but I can't do. not really moving furniture wise, but because my balance is so off, so I can't trust myself on ladders, and since I'm so big, I can't maneuver well enough to do somethings, without losing my balance... and dh is taking his good old time getting the stuff done! he's off work tomorrow and we have no plans, I think I'm gonna make him get to work! lol

bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM
the worst is sitting back watching and doing nothing yourself!

I was bad this pregnancy with rearranging everything by myself, home alone... I just couldn't not do it. it was after my perigestational hemmerage healed, so I wasn't high risk anymore. but I know I technically shouldn't move a tv stand, that takes 10 minutes to move 10 inches... several times....

Quoting kajira:

Yeah,  we are remodeling the entire house, and there's so much that needs done and my husband can't do 10 things at once, but he won't let ME help either. LOL

Quoting bananas2u: :( im so sorry to hear that! I understand how frustrating that is! I'm 36 weeks and there's still things I want to get done, but I can't do. not really moving furniture wise, but because my balance is so off, so I can't trust myself on ladders, and since I'm so big, I can't maneuver well enough to do somethings, without losing my balance...
and dh is taking his good old time getting the stuff done! he's off work tomorrow and we have no plans, I think I'm gonna make him get to work! lol

ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Im in the same boat, except I want to get things done but wont have any of the babys stuff for 3 more weeks. Im going to do as much as I can my next 2 days off of work though. I have to clean out a few closets, move some stuff in the kids room, and I want to re-arange my bedroom to make some space for the babys dresser

kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM

well, it wouldn't be SO bad if my kids would help with stuff, but where my 5 year old daughter is SO excited about the baby and wants to "take care of me" to keep the "baby safe" LOL my oldest doesn't "care" - I asked him to do me a favor and help clean the playroom up from the remodeling debris (we'll need to wipe down ALL the toys, walls, windows, and deep clean the floors now that their dad is done building a wall in there, we ripped out the door/hallway to install a shower and expand a bathroom, so his dad was working from the other side of the wall in there, and made a huge mess with sheetrock.)

My daughter was all gung ho to use the shop vac and clean the room, but it needed swept first, so I asked my older kiddo (who's almost 12) to sweep in there, and any left over tools, nails, screws, etc to set on the dining room table so their toddler brother could be in there while they cleaned it up. Having him wander all over the house with remodeling going on isnt' safe, so I needed the play room clean so he could be in there again. It's the only room that I had baby proofed. LOL

My oldest refused to help all morning until I finally threatend to wake his dad up.... LOL

My son has moments where he's a big help, but he just didn't want to do it. I let him spend ALL day building forts in the yard with boxes yesterday, and tarps and other stuff... so I figured since I had to clean up his messes in the kitchen all day (which I normally make him do) it was a fair trade.

Quoting bananas2u: the worst is sitting back watching and doing nothing yourself! I was bad this pregnancy with rearranging everything by myself, home alone... I just couldn't not do it. it was after my perigestational hemmerage healed, so I wasn't high risk anymore. but I know I technically shouldn't move a tv stand, that takes 10 minutes to move 10 inches... several times....
Quoting kajira:

Quoting bananas2u: :( im so sorry to hear that! I understand how frustrating that is! I'm 36 weeks and there's still things I want to get done, but I can't do. not really moving furniture wise, but because my balance is so off, so I can't trust myself on ladders, and since I'm so big, I can't maneuver well enough to do somethings, without losing my balance... and dh is taking his good old time getting the stuff done! he's off work tomorrow and we have no plans, I think I'm gonna make him get to work! lol

kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM

I work from home, and I'm behind on that too from migraines. I'm waiting for my new glasses to here, I finally caved and am wearing my contacts around the house because I couldn't handle the headaches anymore while waiting for my new glasses to arrive ;( 

at 34-35 weeks, I am off restricted activities for the most part, so I can do heavy stuff again, but I have to be careful for another few weeks :( 

Quoting ThePoopFace:

Im in the same boat, except I want to get things done but wont have any of the babys stuff for 3 more weeks. Im going to do as much as I can my next 2 days off of work though. I have to clean out a few closets, move some stuff in the kids room, and I want to re-arange my bedroom to make some space for the babys dresser

bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:23 AM
yeah, playroom definitely sounds like a must during renovations!

and definitely a fair trade! glad he finally did the sweeping for you!

Quoting kajira:

well, it wouldn't be SO bad if my kids would help with stuff, but where my 5 year old daughter is SO excited about the baby and wants to "take care of me" to keep the "baby safe" LOL my oldest doesn't "care" - I asked him to do me a favor and help clean the playroom up from the remodeling debris (we'll need to wipe down ALL the toys, walls, windows, and deep clean the floors now that their dad is done building a wall in there, we ripped out the door/hallway to install a shower and expand a bathroom, so his dad was working from the other side of the wall in there, and made a huge mess with sheetrock.)

My daughter was all gung ho to use the shop vac and clean the room, but it needed swept first, so I asked my older kiddo (who's almost 12) to sweep in there, and any left over tools, nails, screws, etc to set on the dining room table so their toddler brother could be in there while they cleaned it up. Having him wander all over the house with remodeling going on isnt' safe, so I needed the play room clean so he could be in there again. It's the only room that I had baby proofed. LOL

My oldest refused to help all morning until I finally threatend to wake his dad up.... LOL

My son has moments where he's a big help, but he just didn't want to do it. I let him spend ALL day building forts in the yard with boxes yesterday, and tarps and other stuff... so I figured since I had to clean up his messes in the kitchen all day (which I normally make him do) it was a fair trade.

Quoting bananas2u: the worst is sitting back watching and doing nothing yourself!

I was bad this pregnancy with rearranging everything by myself, home alone... I just couldn't not do it. it was after my perigestational hemmerage healed, so I wasn't high risk anymore. but I know I technically shouldn't move a tv stand, that takes 10 minutes to move 10 inches... several times....

Quoting kajira:

Quoting bananas2u: :( im so sorry to hear that! I understand how frustrating that is! I'm 36 weeks and there's still things I want to get done, but I can't do. not really moving furniture wise, but because my balance is so off, so I can't trust myself on ladders, and since I'm so big, I can't maneuver well enough to do somethings, without losing my balance...

kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Well, it's a playroom they'd have for good, my daughter did the shop vac, which took a lot longer than the sweeping of the big chunks did.

My son wanted to know why his 5 year old sister gets paid more then he does... and it's because she's willing to do 10x the work. LOL

I keep telling him I'll pay him what he's worth, whether it's in DS games (instead of doing allowances, I buy my kids games, pay for their lunch out if they want mcdonalds, or to go to a nicer place to eat, etc.)

My daughter just got a gigantic 40 dollar stuffed animal - because she'd spent a week working doing things I asked her to do and didn't fight or argue with me.

My son? He helped baby sit his little brother for a few hours when I had to run errands. I bought him a 20 dollar item.

The reason she got a bigger one? She worked for a week, he worked for 1 day. LOL 

He's just a very instant gratification type of person, and even waiting 2-3 hours for the reward makes him have no desire to do stuff.... so it makes it hard, and little, instant things I can give him don't really appeal to him because he wants "big ticket" items... and when he's gotten money, he literally loses it, or he gives it to his sister to pay her to make her do his chores FOR him, and I don't want him doing that. hahaha

Even our toddler helps. I buy him gummy worms in exchange for him helping me pick up trash and putting it in the garbage, or picking up debris in the yard that our dogs tear up and stick it in the wheel barrow so I can take it to the dumpster.

We have acreage, and an old farm house, we also have a lot of pets, and my kids want a garden and horses/goats/chickens.... And I'm only one person. If they want stuff, they have to help! LOL

Quoting bananas2u: yeah, playroom definitely sounds like a must during renovations! and definitely a fair trade! glad he finally did the sweeping for you!
Quoting kajira:

Quoting bananas2u: the worst is sitting back watching and doing nothing yourself! I was bad this pregnancy with rearranging everything by myself, home alone... I just couldn't not do it. it was after my perigestational hemmerage healed, so I wasn't high risk anymore. but I know I technically shouldn't move a tv stand, that takes 10 minutes to move 10 inches... several times....
Quoting kajira:

bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:09 PM
that's cool :) sometimes you can't motivate a kid with anything though. growing up, my sister was always upset I got a higher allowance than her every month. but I always did more. my mom paid us by the job. 25cents for washing g dishes, 15 cents for putting dishes away, $1 for cleaning the tub, etc (I don't remember the exact prices but you get the idea.)
I plan on doing allowance like she did. I actually have her chore charts she made for us in a box somewhere, to go off of. but I haven't bothered digging for it, since ds is only 2.5. his only chore is putting his toys away twice a day (before nap and bedtime), and I'd he does it without fighting, and in a decent amount of time, then we do "busy bags" (fun activities to play with mommy and/or daddy, depending who's home). if he helps with other stuff, he just gets a bunch of praise. if he asks, he might get a piece of chocolate or something, but he usually doesn't ask for something. he's satisfied with big hugs and kisses :)
I might start the allowance about age 4, but not positive.

Quoting kajira:

Well, it's a playroom they'd have for good, my daughter did the shop vac, which took a lot longer than the sweeping of the big chunks did.

My son wanted to know why his 5 year old sister gets paid more then he does... and it's because she's willing to do 10x the work. LOL

I keep telling him I'll pay him what he's worth, whether it's in DS games (instead of doing allowances, I buy my kids games, pay for their lunch out if they want mcdonalds, or to go to a nicer place to eat, etc.)

My daughter just got a gigantic 40 dollar stuffed animal - because she'd spent a week working doing things I asked her to do and didn't fight or argue with me.

My son? He helped baby sit his little brother for a few hours when I had to run errands. I bought him a 20 dollar item.

The reason she got a bigger one? She worked for a week, he worked for 1 day. LOL 

He's just a very instant gratification type of person, and even waiting 2-3 hours for the reward makes him have no desire to do stuff.... so it makes it hard, and little, instant things I can give him don't really appeal to him because he wants "big ticket" items... and when he's gotten money, he literally loses it, or he gives it to his sister to pay her to make her do his chores FOR him, and I don't want him doing that. hahaha

Even our toddler helps. I buy him gummy worms in exchange for him helping me pick up trash and putting it in the garbage, or picking up debris in the yard that our dogs tear up and stick it in the wheel barrow so I can take it to the dumpster.

We have acreage, and an old farm house, we also have a lot of pets, and my kids want a garden and horses/goats/chickens.... And I'm only one person. If they want stuff, they have to help! LOL

Quoting bananas2u: yeah, playroom definitely sounds like a must during renovations!

and definitely a fair trade! glad he finally did the sweeping for you!

Quoting kajira:

Quoting bananas2u: the worst is sitting back watching and doing nothing yourself!

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Yeah, my daughter likes to do stuff like make brownies and cookies, so we incorporate chores into that too, "We can't do X unless the kitchen is clean, and when were done, none of us can EAT them, if kitchen isn't clean up again from the mess we JUST made."

She likes brownies... so cleaning 2x to get brownies is worth the effort.

My oldest... nope. He'd tell me "I don't want brownies that bad." LOL He's a stinker. I love him to death, and if he'd apply have the "getting out of doing things" that he applied to avoiding chores or helping out, he'd get treated super well. The amount of energy he expends... He actually had my grandma convinced he had arthritis because he kept telling her his joints hurt and how much pain he was in constantly when I'd ask him to do stuff. (Like take the trash out.)

My grandma harassed me until I had the doctor rule out auto immune disorders, athritis and a few other things. she officially labled him a "Creative, lazy teenager."

LOL

Quoting bananas2u: that's cool :) sometimes you can't motivate a kid with anything though. growing up, my sister was always upset I got a higher allowance than her every month. but I always did more. my mom paid us by the job. 25cents for washing g dishes, 15 cents for putting dishes away, $1 for cleaning the tub, etc (I don't remember the exact prices but you get the idea.) I plan on doing allowance like she did. I actually have her chore charts she made for us in a box somewhere, to go off of. but I haven't bothered digging for it, since ds is only 2.5. his only chore is putting his toys away twice a day (before nap and bedtime), and I'd he does it without fighting, and in a decent amount of time, then we do "busy bags" (fun activities to play with mommy and/or daddy, depending who's home). if he helps with other stuff, he just gets a bunch of praise. if he asks, he might get a piece of chocolate or something, but he usually doesn't ask for something. he's satisfied with big hugs and kisses :) I might start the allowance about age 4, but not positive.
Quoting kajira:

Quoting bananas2u: yeah, playroom definitely sounds like a must during renovations! and definitely a fair trade! glad he finally did the sweeping for you!
Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)