Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should you start your nursery

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hey mama & soon to be
I am Mia. Currently 18 weeks, a few days away from finding out the sex of my baby (Excited) . I figured I would start immediately after finding out. I was told it's still too early .
When did you mama's start decorating your baby's nursery.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Whenever you want to really.
ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

If I could have started around 25 weeks i would have. The longer you weight the less you will be able to do at one time. Im 31 weeks and im starting to run out of breath doing simple things like walking across my house a few times. I ideally would have had everything done already, but im waiting for my tax returns to get the majority of the babys stuff, and until I have her furniture there is not much of a point. If you're painting I would do that soon, then put up the furniture, and spend the rest of you're pregnancy washing all the baby stuff, setting up blankets and things like that.

kajira
by Emma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 11:58 AM

I usually wait until viability to do much, 24-26 weeks. After that, I stock up on stuff and start getting ready.

TeamDaniels_4
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Thanks ladies
RocknRoll.Rose
by Melody on Jan. 23, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I would to ahead and get it done as soon as you find out the sex. 28th my first pregnancy, I didn't know for sure of I was keeping the twins until they were born so I didn't set up the nursery (i had the stuff but it wasn't opened or set up). A neighbor went in and set up the cribs and changing table while I was in the hospital and I set everything else up after they were born. With this baby, we are already getting it set up.
Aquarius_RN
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:06 PM
You can start whenever you like. I haven't made one, since baby will be in our room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LibraBalance
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm 37 weeks and we put the crib up today... So... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieAngel
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Second or third trimester. Well I am 21 weeks and have already started a baby registry and I do not think it is too early to start the nursery. I would always prefer to start in the second trimester, just because it takes so long for me to get everything. But it took me well into my 3rd trimester and after I had my babies to get everything. My daughter shared a room with me until she was 4 months and we moved. My son has always shared a room with me and then his sister until we moved to a bigger place and now he has his own room but he sleeps in my room. This baby will sleep in my room until she is older and then she will sleep in her brother's room. Good luck and congrats! 

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM

I got my cradle from my g-parents' house when I found out I was pregnant and that was the beginning of setting up our first LO's bedroom.

gooberholic
by on Jan. 24, 2016 at 9:41 AM
With my first I was about 36 weeks before I set anything up. And with this one baby will be sleeping in my room for the first 5 months before we move so not setting up a nurse right away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)