• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zantac

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
How many weeks were you before you could take Zantac
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
khs09vallan
by Anna on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM
My ob said it's safe from the very beginning. I was thinking about buying it because I started getting the heartburn at 11 weeks and I'm now 13 weeks 2 days and I've had it daily.
amycole09
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:59 PM
I'm 18 and I have I since about week 9 and it's got so bad. I'm also heavier and I hear women who are heavier tend to experience more severe heartburn.

Quoting khs09vallan: My ob said it's safe from the very beginning. I was thinking about buying it because I started getting the heartburn at 11 weeks and I'm now 13 weeks 2 days and I've had it daily.
khs09vallan
by Anna on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:04 PM
Unfortunately that is true. When I was younger I was overweight and I had horrible heartburn even when I wasn't pregnant. After I had dd 4 1/2 years ago I got really strict with clean eating and exercise so I'm now very close to what I'm supposed to weigh according to my doctor and the heartburn actually went away until I got pregnant. It's not as severe as it was when I was heavier but its still pretty bad. One of my friends is a nurse and she is also pregnant and she is heavier she's taken Zantac since before she got pregnant. She cut down from two a day to one a day but the heartburn was awful so she started taking two day again and she claims it works great so I'm thinking of trying it as well. She said Sam's Club sells it in bulk size so next time I go to Sam's I will be buying it lol. Normally regular mint tums help but they stopped working after taking them for a week. I tried pickle juice and it actually did work but the sourness and after taste made me want to vomit because I still have horrible morning sickness.

Quoting amycole09: I'm 18 and I have I since about week 9 and it's got so bad. I'm also heavier and I hear women who are heavier tend to experience more severe heartburn.

Quoting khs09vallan: My ob said it's safe from the very beginning. I was thinking about buying it because I started getting the heartburn at 11 weeks and I'm now 13 weeks 2 days and I've had it daily.
ddeboer14
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:39 PM
My doctor just prescribed to me the prescription version of Zantac. I'm almost 14 weeks. I haven't taken it yet, but she said one a day is safe
amycole09
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Omg if it weren't for you I wouldn't have taken it. I finally I have some relief. You have no idea how thankful I am. Go buy some! Thank you Thank you

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:20 PM
I started taking it at 12 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)