Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are these cramps?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
Of course I'll ask my midwife next time I see her- but I have a question for y'all :) I'm almost 35 weeks. Sometimes I feel stomach tightening which I know are BH. About a week ago I started feeling period like pains and they are totally different from BH. Does anyone know what these cramps actually ARE? Baby dropping/engaging, cervical changes, etc. I'm just curious.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cannonmom324
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:36 PM

thats a good question. it could be changing cervix, or even signs of an infection? maybe even stretching ligament pains from your growing belly.. if it is persistant maybe scedule your appointment sooner

KayDee217
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Not infection- unless I caught it in the last 5 days. Last Monday I had period cramps all day and lost some of my plug. I went to L&D and they tested for all sorts of stuff, and at the time at least I didn't have one. They're always persistent but fizzle out :) my body likes to play games with me lol! Thank you for answering!

Quoting cannonmom324:

thats a good question. it could be changing cervix, or even signs of an infection? maybe even stretching ligament pains from your growing belly.. if it is persistant maybe scedule your appointment sooner

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:58 PM
I agree

Quoting cannonmom324:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM

It depends on the pain and the woman. Every pregnancy is different, but your body is definitely in the home stretch and probably working to get ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)