• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diabetes

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am significantly over weight and also have gestational hypertension. In about 3 weeks I have my glucose test. It's is guaranteed I will get gestational diabetes since I already have the above issues.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aquarius_RN
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:25 PM
Nothing is guaranteed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amycole09
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Just seeing if people think I will or will not. I should have worded it better because that is true.

Quoting Aquarius_RN: Nothing is guaranteed.
want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM
No, I'm overweight and was scared that I would get it but mine was negative. Just because your overweight does not mean you will get it. My sister is extremely tiny and she had it, she was pissed that since I'm the "fat" sister I didn't have it nor have I gained much weight like she did, she gained like 50 pounds during pregnancy and I've only gained 10 and I'm almost 37 weeks.
amycole09
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:31 PM
I don't mean to diss your sister but she doesn't sound very nice when it comes to that situation. I would never be upset that someone did have something wrong with them. I'm happy your pregnancy is going well:)

Quoting want2bmommy86: No, I'm overweight and was scared that I would get it but mine was negative. Just because your overweight does not mean you will get it. My sister is extremely tiny and she had it, she was pissed that since I'm the "fat" sister I didn't have it nor have I gained much weight like she did, she gained like 50 pounds during pregnancy and I've only gained 10 and I'm almost 37 weeks.
Liz132
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Being overweight makes it more likely but still only a small percentage of pregnant women develop it. I think it's around 10% so it might be more like 20% for someone who is overweight.  

want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:35 PM
I'm used to her mouth lol she doesn't have a filter when it comes to anyone, she just says whatever happens to be on her mind. It's gotten her into trouble when she was in the army quite a few times lol. And thank you, now it's just a waiting game for baby to come lol. Good luck with your glucose test

Quoting amycole09: I don't mean to diss your sister but she doesn't sound very nice when it comes to that situation. I would never be upset that someone did have something wrong with them. I'm happy your pregnancy is going well:)

Quoting want2bmommy86: No, I'm overweight and was scared that I would get it but mine was negative. Just because your overweight does not mean you will get it. My sister is extremely tiny and she had it, she was pissed that since I'm the "fat" sister I didn't have it nor have I gained much weight like she did, she gained like 50 pounds during pregnancy and I've only gained 10 and I'm almost 37 weeks.
amycole09
by Holly on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:31 PM
That makes me feel a little better. I ate pizza for dinner and an hour later took my blood with one of those pricker diabetic machines and it was 105.

Quoting Liz132:

Being overweight makes it more likely but still only a small percentage of pregnant women develop it. I think it's around 10% so it might be more like 20% for someone who is overweight.  

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:50 PM
I'm not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:51 AM

It's not guaranteed for sure.  Have you made changes to your diet?

amycole09
by Holly on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Some what. I have drinking more water and eating more vegetables and fruit.

Quoting Azure:

It's not guaranteed for sure.  Have you made changes to your diet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)