Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cervix is pushed to the back....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:45 PM
  • 13 Replies
My doctor told me but then had to rush out to deliver a baby before I had a chance to ask what that meant... Do any of you know what it means to have a cervix that's leaning/pushed to the back?
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beauty1990
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:46 PM
It didn't mean anything for me other than back labor... Not fun. My DD was my VBAC and the cervix was pushed back with her
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenuine1028
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that puts me a little more at ease.. Thanks.. but Sorry but What does vbac stand for??

Quoting beauty1990: It didn't mean anything for me other than back labor... Not fun. My DD was my VBAC and the cervix was pushed back with her
want2bmommy86
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Vaginal birth after a c-section

Quoting Jenuine1028: Well that puts me a little more at ease.. Thanks.. but Sorry but What does vbac stand for??

Quoting beauty1990: It didn't mean anything for me other than back labor... Not fun. My DD was my VBAC and the cervix was pushed back with her
Jenuine1028
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting want2bmommy86: Vaginal birth after a c-section

Quoting Jenuine1028: Well that puts me a little more at ease.. Thanks.. but Sorry but What does vbac stand for??

PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Almost all cervixes are posterior (to the back) at the end of pregnancy, once they start coming forward is a sign labour is coming. But that timeframe can be hours or weeks ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cannonmom324
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 2:57 AM

mine is too, sounds like you have a tilted uterus. mine is like that randomly, and randomly it is normal, even when not pregnant. 

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Great info, I had no idea!

Quoting PoodleMum: Almost all cervixes are posterior (to the back) at the end of pregnancy, once they start coming forward is a sign labour is coming. But that timeframe can be hours or weeks ;)

Azure
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Sounds like your doctor may be trying to use scare tactics...

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Mine is waaayy back there, but the doc said that's normal. I'm 37 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)