Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
Been really weird lately for me. I am 34 weeks pregnant according to my "last" monthly period. Which was in June.

I had just given birth to our first child in March, 2015. In May, my period was 5 days late but it did happen. It only lasted for 2 days which was odd but wonderful and not too unexpected so I didn't bother testing.

Come June, my period started on the normal day and lasted its normal 3 days. I love being regular.

By July 5 when my period should have started, it didn't. I bought a test after 5 more days without a period. Positive. Very positive.

So according to my last monthly period, I should be about 34 or 35 weeks pregnant. Yet the things I am experiencing at this point are things that were felt during the last 3 weeks of pregnancy last year. Could that mean I am 37 weeks and not 34?
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
khs09vallan
by Anna on Feb. 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM
I would go off what the doctor has been saying based off ultrasounds and stomach measurements.
GiorgiPorgi
by Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM
I have not had any ultrasound as of yet due to a technical glitch in my insurance coverage. Right now, until the glitch is fixed, they won't treat me unless I am in active labor.
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM

My guess is, you'll just have to wing it and your dates are just a guess at this point.

BoogaBooBaby
by Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM
My last period was also in June but due to the size of the baby they said I'm not due until April! I would ask the doctor. (31 weeks)
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 10:58 AM
It's pretty unlikely. Your measurements would be quite a bit off. What is it you're experiencing? Every pregnancy is different.
annas_momma
by Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM
After your first pregnancy, your body knows what to do and you know what to look for. So, there are lots of things that you may notice sooner such as movements, Braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pain, and baby going head down to name a few. Because your body has been there, done that, it is able to prepare sooner, and you are already familiar with what to look for.

I wouldn't worry too much. Baby will come when baby is ready. If you are worried about being further along, just make sure that the house is ready for baby, and go ahead and pack yourself a hospital bag.
Azure
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM

No idea, but I definitely hope you aren't planning to induce or anything since you're not sure of dates.

khs09vallan
by Anna on Feb. 7, 2016 at 12:23 PM
I wouldn't necessarily worry. Things change with each baby. Like my first I didn't feel movement until 18 weeks. Now that I'm on my third baby I have already felt flutters and I'm only 14 weeks. If I were you I would find a different doctor. I live in a small town and I can't think of 1 doctor that will turn you down because your insurance is having an issue. Around here they will treat you no matter what. You may get a bill in the mail but they will treat you. Also big cities have those traveling ultrasounds that I heard are based off donation.

Quoting GiorgiPorgi: I have not had any ultrasound as of yet due to a technical glitch in my insurance coverage. Right now, until the glitch is fixed, they won't treat me unless I am in active labor.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Really, they should do an u/s to know how far along you really are.

Honestly, it's unlikely you're further along than your period indicates; it'd be more likely that you're not as far along.  (ovulation would have been delayed, not likely sped up; kwim?)

GiorgiPorgi
by Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 9:14 PM

I was freaking out this morning...it was insane...all the stress really was hard on me (especially trying to not get too stressed and cause a seizure)

So yeah, I did more looking back on things and stuff.....if anything, I'm 35 weeks in but that's it.  Due date of March 11 (YAY!)

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Really, they should do an u/s to know how far along you really are.

Honestly, it's unlikely you're further along than your period indicates; it'd be more likely that you're not as far along.  (ovulation would have been delayed, not likely sped up; kwim?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)