Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think about this when picking a baby name?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

When deciding on baby's name, do you take into consideration what the initials will be and what nicknames others may call them? Do you try to make sure the name has a good flow when you say it?

Mom blinkies  Mom blinkies

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Yes, definitely. My cousins initials spell EEK. Everyone calls her EEK, except me. I call her Emma.
juniors.mommy
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Yes. Yes and yes
AllConsumedFire
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM
Initials definitely, nick names yes and same with flow. The nick names aren't as important as the other two though at least with the names we have so far. No obvious nick names
luckyinlife
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM
I itials no, nicknames yes, flow not really. How often do people say your first, middle and last name? Not often if ever.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM
We said no T names. Our last name is Watts and everyone used to call my ex SIL TWatts her name is Tiffany.
Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM
I consider the flow of first and middle name. I did consider initials somewhat. When we had baby #5 I ruled out names that started with P as our last name starts with a P, however we ended up giving her a name that starts with P because we liked it and could agree on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by on Mar. 12, 2016 at 11:47 AM
My kids initial's are all reversed, JK, CK, KJ, KC.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:18 PM
Initials, no
Nicknames, normally except with my son, I dint think about ppl calling him matt, I hate Matt

My kids are KNC, MGC, MWC, and KFC (lol to this one)
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM
My brothers initials are JJJ! When you say his whole name is like a tongue twister. LOL!
Grubb2013
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:43 PM
I try to think of something that's not already in the family. Which is hard seeing that I have a very large family.

I also always find myself thinking about who is important to me or was.

Once I got that I play with names and put them together and make sure they sound good.

My daughter will be named after my brothers fiance that passed away in 2007. She could light up a funeral home by just walking into the room. Her name was Inge Marie Rivera.&&& then my first loss her older sister Righley mae Elizabeth....

I came up with River Marie Elizabeth Grubb.... I cannot wait to her see her precious face here in just 9 days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)