Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get pregnant....just a question...

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM
  • 31 Replies
My boyfriend and I are trying to conceive. It will be his first and my second. My son is 13 years old. We are charting my ovulation and I *should* have ovulated on March 3-7 which fell nicely as that was my birthday weekend and oh boy did we enjoy trying all weekend long. My problem is that I had a hemmerhoidechtomy on the 8th. I'm still in a lot of pain from the surgery and I'm on Percocet as well as Advil for pain management. If I am pregnant how would this affect my child?
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyMoma218
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:58 PM
I actually ovulated the same time lol and it worked for us because we were on vacation lol. I don't think it would hurt anything as long as you stop taking it when you find out. By the way when are you testing?
SDSAngelBaby
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
When am I testing what? If I'm pregnant only if I'm up to 3 days late. I'm pretty regular as in spot on regular with my charting so I figure I'll have to give it some leeway because of stress...so I figure by the 24th or 25th if I haven't started I'll test since I'm due for my period in the 21st.
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:42 AM

If you could be pregnant, you should ask your doctor if any medication is safe before you take it.

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:28 AM
Darvocet N-100, Tylenol, Tylenol extra strength, & Tylenol 3 are the only pain relievers, that I am aware of, that are ok for pregnancy.
Good luck ttc, baby dust your way! and I hope you feel better soon
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
For the future, TELL your doctor whenever you are ttc because they will switch out doses or give you a safer med, as well as not run tests that are unsafe for pregnancy.
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM
Are you tracking ovulation by symptoms? It makes it a lot easier to get pregnant when you actually know what day you are ovulating for sure
SDSAngelBaby
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 2:03 PM

I'm tracking by temp and my periods atm I'm hoping to be able to start buying ovulation testers here in the next month or so.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 4:21 PM
What abut cervical mucus? The book taking charge of your fertility is probably a better investment than OPKs

Quoting SDSAngelBaby:

I'm tracking by temp and my periods atm I'm hoping to be able to start buying ovulation testers here in the next month or so.

Mrseoc
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM
If you haven't already joined, there's a ttc group in this forum. It's great for questions like this.
I'm not familiar with the medication but I dont think it would have much affect so early on in the pregnancy. I would however, let any doctor you see know that you are ttc.
AbbeysMom2013
by on Mar. 12, 2016 at 5:02 PM
I agree

Quoting Bethbeth:

If you could be pregnant, you should ask your doctor if any medication is safe before you take it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)