Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you ladies announce your pregnancy?!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

Good morning ladies flowers

How many weeks were you when you announced to family & friends that you were expecting? && how did you announce? Today I am officially 3 months && just wondering because I haven't announced anything & only super close family know. expecting girl

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I don't think I've ever waited past the first trimester. I think the longest I've ever waited was 10 weeks.

I get so excited I just can't keep it in.

When do you want to announce your pregnancy?

KissMyMemories_
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM

I want to announce this week. 

Quoting Azure:

I don't think I've ever waited past the first trimester. I think the longest I've ever waited was 10 weeks.

I get so excited I just can't keep it in.

When do you want to announce your pregnancy?

hiraeth
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I announced on Thanksgiving at 20w1d.  I had told my best friend and immediate family just two weeks before that, I believe.

A lot of my friends and coworkers are interconnected, and I did not want my employer to know any sooner than necessary.  They weren't going to discriminate against me, but I knew they would stress me out with preparing for maternity leave.

Sure enough, when I told me boss he said "Congratulations... if you're sure that's what you really want." and then immediately asked me what my plans were for leave, who I would have cover my stuff, how long I would be out, etc etc.  Sigh.  He has toned it down a bit since then; I think I may have just taken him really off guard.

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't planning on announcing it unti I was about to HAVE the baby, but my mother in law figured it out because she saw a maternity shirt on my saved shopping list on amazon, and flat out asked me if I was pregnant.... and I'm not a liar....

Then she blabbed to everyone else.

Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Quoting kajira:

I wasn't planning on announcing it unti I was about to HAVE the baby, but my mother in law figured it out because she saw a maternity shirt on my saved shopping list on amazon, and flat out asked me if I was pregnant.... and I'm not a liar....

Then she blabbed to everyone else.

Gotta love mothers-in-law. Ugh. Don't even get me started.

SaigeMarie
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Today I am also officially 12 weeks...due October 4 :). How exciting...

I told my employer the day I got my positive but told family and friends after the 8 week appointment
KissMyMemories_
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM

I'm due Oct 8th :)

Quoting SaigeMarie: Today I am also officially 12 weeks...due October 4 :). How exciting... I told my employer the day I got my positive but told family and friends after the 8 week appointment

Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

This pregnancy never made offical announcement, just told people that needed to know or when people asked. I really don't bother with big announcements, focus more on the gender announcement and baby is here announcements.

AllConsumedFire
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I told family right away at 4 weeks and announced on Facebook right after
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We usually announce somewhere around 13-14 weeks. We announced right away with our first but then we had a miscarriage with our second pregnancy so now we choose to wait until the above gestation. I'm now pregnant with our fourth child (fifth pregnancy) and we'll be waiting until we find out the gender to announce since this baby was unplanned and we just had a baby 8 months ago. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)