• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC helppppp

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
So I'm expecting my second baby & currently I'm 32 weeks along.....EDD is 17th May....I had my frst child 3 years back via cesarean as my labor didn't show up on it's own.....& I refusd to get induced....but this time I really want complet natural procedure......so looking fr help frm the mommies who experienced both....what life changes did u make to make it possible? Any specific exercise, diet or other remedy to start labor naturally?
TIA
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:02 PM
I haven't had a VBAC but I'm planning to.. I can't really offer much help but I read that eating dates for a month before due date is supposed to help make labor easier
Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

How far along were you when you had your first c-section? 40 weeks is midline. Some women can go to 42 or even 43 weeks with pregnancy.

The best way to get a VBAC is to allow baby to come on his/her own. Avoid interventions because those will cascade into more interventions, which can lead to a c-section. Go to the hospital as late in labor as possible, especially if your doctor is not VBAC friendly.

Stay off your back for pushing and no purple pushing. I can't emphasize that enough.

Good luck!

I hope you get the birth you're looking for.

hurst0three
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM
I walked a lot in all of my pregnancies, but especially the last 4. I've had 1 c/s and 4 vbacs. I walked and walked, and walked with our last baby. I ate pineapple regularly, drank water, took evening primrose supplements to help soften the cervix, and basically tried to stop stressing and keep distracted during those last weeks. It's a lot harder said than done. Two of my vbacs started naturally on their own and 2 of them were induced by breaking my water. How much do you want a vbac? Are you willing and ready to wait for your body and baby to do their thing? It's tough waiting it out but in the end so worth it! I wouldn't change any of my deliveries. They all happened how they were supposed to :) Good luck!
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM

My water surprisingly broke at 38w3d late at night and I had my vbac the next day.  I was very active walking a lot, working and chasing after my 2 1/2 yr old.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 11:42 AM

I also had a doula which I thought was very helpful during the actual labor.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM

I had a vbac. I didn't do anything to prepare or make labor come on naturally, as I had to be unexpected induced at 26 weeks.

sanj1213
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Lots of walking
Alexsi1
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Bump for recommendations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:35 PM
My first was c section then the next 5 were vbacs. I really didnt do anything
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Start talking with your dr now get suggestions
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)