Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be too much going to school full time two weeks post partum??

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hello, I am giving birth to my second daughter in August. I wasnt sure if I should do full time online or not. I am ready to get my degree. My other daughter will be turning one in August. Helpful advice needed.
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_ethansmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:48 PM
In my opinion it's going to be too much for you. You don't stand a chance Hun lol. Better go part time to start and see how it goes
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM
I don't think I would be able to juggle full time class, a toddler and a newborn. Do what you think you can handle, especially if you will have the help and support, you could always drop a class if it's too much, good luck!
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:56 PM

I've done full-time classes and I wouldn't want to start classes 2 weeks PP.  My youngest was 2.5 mos when I started back this time and I have no time except breastfeeding (and other baby care), school work, a nap in the afternoons (b/c I'm on "night duty" w/ the baby).  I have no time for anything else; our older children do the housework and look after their younger siblings.  If you can wait a little while, I would recommend that.

What degree are you earning?  How close are you?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:29 PM
It would be too much for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:09 AM

I think it would be too much, but the only person who can decide for sure is you. My own personal rule is that I don't go anywhere while still bleeding. I'm just more comfortable in my own home.

amycole09
by Holly on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:26 AM
Do whatever you can handle, I do think it will be too much. It will be added stress. You're body needs time to heal and the more you take on the more stress your body takes on. Enjoy your time with your little one.
Liz132
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:02 PM

I think it would be too much. You could take part time classes at first then switch to full time for the next semester. 

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Your toning to regret it dont do it take a semester off then go full time online a toddler and newborn will be way to hectic
talktojonell
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 8:49 PM
Part time might be better. You won't be getting much sleep. Your hormones will be screwed. There's always a risk of post partum depression. The kids might tag team you and you could wind up with one awake nearly all the time.
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2016 at 3:56 AM
I wouldn't do it. But I needed a lot of rest to recover from birth. It was hard enough caring for my toddler and newborn when my husband returned to work. When he was home I was asleep. For about the first 2 months after she was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)