Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

U/s can't find placenta or cervix

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
And made a comment that I have placenta previa but can't see exactly where it is at...

Has anyone had this before. She also noted it's harder now that my baby's head is really low at 33 weeks
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Sounds a little weird but I don't know, I would ask the doctor.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:54 PM

I agree.  I think you should talk to your midwife/OB about it.

Quoting Luke8212013: Sounds a little weird but I don't know, I would ask the doctor.

But it really just sounds like your placenta is low and your baby's head (b/c (s)he's turned head down getting ready for her big exit) is in the way of seeing it through your abdomen (and they don't do vaginal u/s after a certain point in a pregnancy).

S.W.W.G. group

"Bump Pics Posts" *links*

tattoomommy89
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:23 PM
The woman had to call my Dr to see if it was okay to do the vaginal scan. I won't be able to see my midwife until next Wednesday 😞

Quoting HunnyBabie:

I agree.  I think you should talk to your midwife/OB about it.

Quoting Luke8212013: Sounds a little weird but I don't know, I would ask the doctor.

But it really just sounds like your placenta is low and your baby's head (b/c (s)he's turned head down getting ready for her big exit) is in the way of seeing it through your abdomen (and they don't do vaginal u/s after a certain point in a pregnancy).

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Then you'll have to wait. But if the tech seemed lost, I would probably request a new ultrasound.

Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Yes, you might want to request a second ultrasound to be on the safe side. Good luck.

mama2b100808
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Never had that happen

Quoting tattoomommy89: And made a comment that I have placenta previa but can't see exactly where it is at...

Has anyone had this before. She also noted it's harder now that my baby's head is really low at 33 weeks
.Angelica.
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 11:58 AM
They usually aren't allowed to say much. You have to wait until you see your doctor.
sanj1213
by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Surprised she even said that much
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 31, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Have not but hopefully others can help :)

Kmakksmom
by ~*Stefanie*~ on Mar. 31, 2016 at 2:23 PM
I hope you feel better after a second opinion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)