• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And then... *waaaaaaaaaaaah*

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm in the home stretch, just a few weeks left until I'm holding my little one, and my hormones are at an all-time crazy level when it comes to switching from happy to sad to angry to just meh and back again. I was talking to dh and a couple of our friends who were over for dinner last night about something completely ordinary last night, and in the middle of the convo, I just burst into tears! I was mortified, too, because I've never cried like that in front of other people, and nobody was saying anything cry-worthy, lol. They started teasing me, but in a nice way, and we all had a laugh about it, but, wow. Hormones, man. 

Ever have your hormones embarrass you like that?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM
Unfortunately, yes. I couldn't find my flip flops yesterday and had to wear my shoes and that set me off. Dh is so used to it he just smiles and gives me a rub on the shoulder, tells me I'm cute...that sets me of more, ugh!
shiny76
by Stephine on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:30 PM

it happens to me alot this pregnancy. i go from totally normal to crying for no reason. i was walking through the grocery store a week back and busted into tears at the check out. i dunno why but the clerk looked at me like i was nuts.

Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I cried taking a stray cat to a shelter. It wasn't pretty.

j.patzer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Thankfully usually when only hubby or the nurses are around.

lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Ive cried over not being able to open the sandwich meat😂 it happens
LydianWells
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM

I cry at commercials, soccer games, at the most inopportune times. Last week, I cried while watching an Irish dance recital. Who knows why? The beauty of womanhood is found in easy of spilling tears. Well, not all the time! I think most people know pregnancy causes temporary lunacy in moods.  I finally chalked up hormones as that navigational temper tool that makes me very fascinating: sometimes amusing, unpleasant and tearfully unpredictable.

It seems pregnancy, on top of being already hormonal increases emotions like no other time. Let those tears fall whenever, with whomever, and however they arrive, you deserve the emotional release! Meanwhile, savor your days of automatic pilot, till that little one arrives into your arms.

embarrassed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)